Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the first owner who replace the tire here?
It's not a fun thing to say, nonetheless.
Late last afternoon, I hit the curb, cut the sidewall and blew the rear-right tire when backing up. :(
To make the matter worse, when trying to change tire, I realized that they gave me a wrong wheel-lock key so I ended up calling AAA for help.
Brought the V to the dealer where I made the purchase, I thought I would have some sorts of coverage but they charged me full price for a Bridgestone tire plus labor and taxes.
Oh well, I have a feeling that I won't stick with this V for long :(

·
Registered
430 Posts
Am I the first owner who replace the tire here?
It's not a fun thing to say, nonetheless.
Late last afternoon, I hit the curb, cut the sidewall and blew the rear-right tire when backing up. :(
To make the matter worse, when trying to change tire, I realized that they gave me a wrong wheel-lock key so I ended up calling AAA for help.
Brought the V to the dealer where I made the purchase, I thought I would have some sorts of coverage but they charged me full price for a Bridgestone tire plus labor and taxes.
Sorry, that happened. I would be really mad about the wrong wheel lock key.:mad:
I am not aware of anyone that has a standard warranty that covers roadside hazards. Usually it is an extra addon that the dealer finance department may wish to sell(wheel and tire insurance). I think tirerack.com has hazard warranty for free on tires they sell.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I am sorry for troubles.... . but thank you.. because of you tonight I am going to test my wheel lock.. -How much was your tire to install/balance? thank you

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I hope they didn't charge you for new wheel locks, since it was the dealer's fault they gave you the wrong key. (Those are applied by the dealer, not the factory.)

But yeah, there is no free road-hazard insurance for your wheels and tires any more than there is for the rest of the car.

I once lost a tire in the first month of a car's life, but luckily that car had a full-size spare.

·
Registered
627 Posts
That's why I have them remove wheel locks if they are already installed. It's just not worth it. Besides, who would want to steal wheels that look like Ninja throwing stars.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry about loosing the tire. I hate the wheel locks, the same thing happened to my mom on a long road trip in the middle of no where in South Dakota where there was no cell service. Luckily a farmer came by and was able to get it off somehow. I told the dealer I didn't want them, and he said the original nuts were in the glove compartment. I'll take them off in the next week or so.

My thought is it you live where you need those, it's time to move.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone
Too bad, things just happened out of no where :)
Anyway, I normally do thorough check before I drive off the lot but it was so cold in MA when I picked it up last month (well, exactly 1 month, 02/27) plus I was in rush to get back to work.

Oh and to billyrule, they charged $183.xx for the tire, plus labor and tax or whatever they added, it's about $210.xx, somewhere around that. I have not picked the car yet, the Bridgestone wasn't in stock so they had to order.

I usually get my tires at Costco which they included Road Hazardous. That's nice.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Does this mean you want to ditch the car because you made a mistake and backed your tire into a curb and the dealer wouldn't pay for your mistake? Or do you want to get rid of the car because the dealer made a mistake with the wheel locks?

You should ditch that CR-V and go with something else.

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just picked up and verified
+ spare tire is back in the trunk
+ wheel-lock issue has been corrected with new set of lock and correct key
They took the wrong key back along with all of my original lug nuts. I had to ask and waiting for another 15', hopefully they are the CRV2017 ones.

When I first started the car, TPMS error indicator lit up for about a few seconds then went away. I don't think the dealer has reset it.
Do I need to recalibrate?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Glad your CR-V is back.

Probably the spare threw off the tpms. Probably don't need to recalibrate. But I would make sure the new tire was set to the correct psi by the dealership.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Too bad that the V doesn't implement the PSI reader on the display panel.
It's raining out there now so I can't check yet. Not even sure if there is any dent or scratch caused by the shop. Hope not.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Well, our cars don't actually have pressure sensors, so that's why you can't check pressure using any of the instruments. (Pressure is "checked" by verifying that one wheel doesn't turn faster than the others, which indicates low pressure.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts