Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tire rotation & rotation marks

15K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Rygrego 
#1 ·
I'm at 17K miles and got my first MM for tire rotation. Going to do it myself and the owner's manual suggests two different rotations depending on if you have rotation marks on the tires. I have stock tires and am not sure if what I've circled in the picture is a rotation mark. Can someone please confirm if 2015 CRV tires come with rotation marks. The manual says tires without rotation marks require a criss-cross rotations and tires with rotation marks are a simple back to front and vice versa.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I think my owners manual (16) recommends it the same way my 2011 Kia Optima recommended. Both front tires go to the rear on the same side. The rear ones go to the front on the opposite side. RR goes to LF and LR goes to RF. It worked well on my Kia and I plan to do the same with my CRV.

#11 ·
I have them on my Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires, so I don't think rotation marks are limited to just high end performance tires.
I've never rotated snow tires because like most people, I only put them on one end. I can understand why you would not change the rotation of a snow tire.

I remember back when radials were first available, they recommended against changing the rotation of them. They claimed it would cause the steel belts to break. I remember belt breakages but it was also in the early days of steel belts, so I don't know if it had anything to do with it.

#5 · (Edited)
Rotation marks are arrows molded into the sidewall by the manufacturer. Like in this picture .

Tire Automotive tire Photograph Tread Automotive wheel system

Your tire seems to show scuff marks. May be the tire "rotated" too close to a curb or something? :)

Reactions: lenbata and Rygrego
#12 ·
New member here. Just picked up our new CR-V yesterday. I've been rotating my own tires for years after too many issues with tire service places. Here is the rotation pattern I use.

View attachment 68474

I start in the LR and only need one jack stand.
I start at the other end but the end result is the same. Rather than a jack stand or another jack, I use the spare tire because it makes me uneasy to have the opposite corner on a stand when I am jacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.