Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello people; I was just talking to a mechanic and my V came up. He was telling me his wife has one and she luvs it and all he's done to it is breaks and tires. He also said the AWD V eats tires and only gets's like 25,000 out of set. Any of you V owners say the same?
IBBY

·
Registered
460 Posts
hello people; I was just talking to a mechanic and my V came up. He was telling me his wife has one and she luvs it and all he's done to it is breaks and tires. He also said the AWD V eats tires and only gets's like 25,000 out of set. Any of you V owners say the same?
IBBY
I don't think CRV eats tires like any other car, it all depends on alignment and quality of the tires. If you buy the cheapest set of tires then yes they probably wear out fast. If you buy a decent set you should get some good mileage out of them.

In our household with the Toyota's with decent tires we get 50,000 - 60,000 miles out of them. Some even might have gone higher, all tires should be replace 10 years regardless of age. You can see what tire ratings are if you just do a google search of the tires installed on your vehicle. We always try to go for tires rated at 480 AB or higher. Nobody does tire research most just buy the cheapest or take whatever the tire/dealer recommends to them. You should look at a few tires and see what you like. People have done opinions and surveys on tirerack that you can look at.

12,000 miles on my OEM conti's still look pretty good shape.. no gauge to test tire depth but I will keep an eye out for wear indicators on the tires.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
The OE tires on the 07 awd I had went 40k+ could have went more had it been summer, I replaced them with Yokohama Parada Spec-X, a sport tire, they had 40k+ and were good for another 7-10k when sold.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Would be interesting to know which gen he (mechanics) was referring to. I have an 06...new tires at nearly 98,000miles...now at about 138,000miles...and haven't reached the wear bars yet. Tires were rotated every 5000 miles...twice as often than recommended in the owner's manual...so far, even wear.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Would be interesting to know which gen he (mechanics) was referring to. I have an 06...new tires at nearly 98,000miles...now at about 138,000miles...and haven't reached the wear bars yet. Tires were rotated every 5000 miles...twice as often than recommended in the owner's manual...so far, even wear.
I rotate at least every 6k on all of my vehicles or more often if the particular vehicle is showing edge wear before 6k, and always get excellent, even tread wear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts