Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings - Sure appreciate this forum - been a big help. Now I have a quick question on my 2005 CRV

I've noticed squeaking and rattling noises near the right front wheel/tire and also just noticed the tire is wearing very unevenly. My previous set of tires wore evenly to the end. I've looked for play in tie rod ends and ball joints - none noticeable. Any idea of what could be causing this? Perhaps the strut? How do I check? Thanks much. BTW - the CRV has approx 150K miles.

Cheers
Bart

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Does the vehicle drive straight? check the tire pressure if its the same as specified on the owner's manual. Was anything done before this happened? You might need an alignment. Check the strut mounts for looseness. Let me know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the vehicle drive straight? check the tire pressure if its the same as specified on the owner's manual. Was anything done before this happened? You might need an alignment. Check the strut mounts for looseness. Let me know.
The vehicle drives straight, no vibrations at speed. The ball joints and tie rod ends all seem tight. The uneven wear started in conjunction with the noise/rattling from the right front. I'll check the strut mount for looseness and let you know. Thanks much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts