Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a long trip with my 2018 CR -V EX putting down over 2000 miles. Loved the gas mileage! I saw best mpg of 38.8 and worst of 29.3. What is didn't love were the stock Bridgestone Ecopia's. They currently have 21000 miles on the and have been rotated regularly and are properly inflated. That being said they sound awful! They make this droning noise on smooth roads. They might as well be made of stone. They currently have 7/32 of life left on them. Can wait to get them off. Anyone have suggestions for a quiet fire That will still perform reasonably well for the winter months.:)

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
I just got back from a long trip with my 2018 CR -V EX putting down over 2000 miles. Loved the gas mileage! I saw best mpg of 38.8 and worst of 29.3. What is didn't love were the stock Bridgestone Ecopia's. They currently have 21000 miles on the and have been rotated regularly and are properly inflated. That being said they sound awful! They make this droning noise on smooth roads. They might as well be made of stone. They currently have 7/32 of life left on them. Can wait to get them off. Anyone have suggestions for a quiet fire That will still perform reasonably well for the winter months.:)

You have 7/32 left on tires with 21000 miles? Or is that a typo? :) If accurate, then your Bridgestones are doing much better than most reports.

As for tire recommendations.. there is a long running thread on that topic here... and when you read through it, you will find the topic both passionate and lacking strong consensus on any given brand and model of tire. :) Personally, I have always been happy with Michelin Defenders on my CRVs... but that does not mean they are the best choice overall... just ones I have found have great road handling, great life, and reasonable road noise to deal with. I typically over inflate the Michelins by 3 lbs.. for a bit better fuel economy and the road handling seems to remain fine. I'm sure that also increases road noise a bit, but my old ears do not detect it. :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just had the crv into the Honda dealership for in update due to a dimming display and their paperwork showed 7/32 . Went back and double checked the paperwork. They are still the loudest tire I've heard to date. Might have to explore Tire Racks site for recommendations although I am partial to Michelin.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thumbs up for the Michelin Defenders. They wear like iron, are pretty quiet, superb wet handling and surprisingly good in the snow (not a substitute for winter tires, but for ski trips etc they'll work well enough).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts