Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Tires wear out fast

18130 Views 71 Replies 54 Participants Last post by  williamsji
I have a 2018 CR-V EX with almost 15,000 miles on it. It has Bridgestone tires on it and they already show considerable wear. I have friends who have 2017 CR-Vs and they had to replace the tires at 30,000 and they don't do any crazy driving. I had Honda Accords for years before I got the CR-V and I would get around 55,000 miles from a set of tires. They were Michelin MXV4+ on the Accords,
but I thought that Bridgestone was a good brand. I took it to a local tire place, and they are a trustworthy business. The owner said that it seems to be a problem with the later model CR-Vs. He said other brands of SUVs don't have that problem and get normal wear on their tires. Does anyone with a 2017 or newer CR-V not have this problem with tires wearing out? I live in New England.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,311 Posts

· Registered
2,311 Posts
I believe that the stock V6 from previous years are not as good.
The CR-V has never had a 6 cylinder engine.
In the US they came with:
1997-2001 CR-Vs had an inline 4 cylinder B20 2.0L engine.
2002-2014 CR-Vs had an inline 4 cylinder K24 2.4L engine, and in some other countries the 2002-2014 CR-Vs got a K20 2.0L engine.

· Registered
2,311 Posts
I like tirerack.com because I can check for tires that are in the size I want, and then read reviews and feedback from actual owners of the tires.
For my 2014 their current highest rated tires were:

BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT - US $140/tire
Michelin Crossclimate SUV - US $179/tire

I'm leaning towards the BFGs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.