Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Tires wear out fast

18115 Views 71 Replies 54 Participants Last post by  williamsji
I have a 2018 CR-V EX with almost 15,000 miles on it. It has Bridgestone tires on it and they already show considerable wear. I have friends who have 2017 CR-Vs and they had to replace the tires at 30,000 and they don't do any crazy driving. I had Honda Accords for years before I got the CR-V and I would get around 55,000 miles from a set of tires. They were Michelin MXV4+ on the Accords,
but I thought that Bridgestone was a good brand. I took it to a local tire place, and they are a trustworthy business. The owner said that it seems to be a problem with the later model CR-Vs. He said other brands of SUVs don't have that problem and get normal wear on their tires. Does anyone with a 2017 or newer CR-V not have this problem with tires wearing out? I live in New England.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
OEM tires on most new cars are garbage. They're generally spec tires and not the same tires you'd be able to go buy off the shelf. While my factory tires had plenty of tread left they were loud were starting to hydroplane on wet roads by 20k. Been basically the same experience in the past, 20-30k and it's time to drop them. With my newish (now have like 5k on them) Goodyears it's quieter, doesn't hydroplane, and getting better mileage as I could rarely break 30mpg, now it's bouncing between 32 and 33 on my commute and longer trips it's been up as far as 35.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.