Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2010 crv ex-l and was wondering what tires are being used on them when being replaced I hate all the road noise i get, so looking for less road noise any help would be appreicited

·
Registered
19 Posts
I took the Bridgestone Duelers off my 2015 and replaced them with Firestone LE 2 tires. Ride better and noise not a problem. The Bridgestone are worthless on Wisconsin snow. Check reviews on Tire Rack.

·
Registered
868 Posts
hondacrvnut,

Have you tried a search? There are many, many threads on this subject. Unfortunately there's no definite answer. Ask ten people, and you may get ten different answers. It's a very competitive industry. Generally, the big names get the most votes.

·
Banned
806 Posts
I have bought the last 2 sets of tires for vehicles that I own from Tirerack.com. I went with the goodyear cs tripletred all season for my CR-V. Yes it is spelled that way. Ratings were really high for various road conditions. I have been happy with them.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I have bought the last 2 sets of tires for vehicles that I own from Tirerack.com. I went with the goodyear cs tripletred all season for my CR-V. Yes it is spelled that way. Ratings were really high for various road conditions. I have been happy with them.
Are these tires quite?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I’ve got oversize noisy All Terrain tires, and I love ‘em... ha-ha

But that’s just me!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Actually they aren’t that noisy at all, and I have noo regrets. I can take my CRV where OEM tires wouldn’t dare. ;o)

·
Registered
1 Posts
On our 2010 LX, for the summer, we use Kumho Solus KL21, and go with the slightly wider 235/65R17 (these came off of our old Accura MDX, including wheels). Wear has been good, and road noise very dramatically improved over the original stock tires. We even get up to 34mpg on the highway if one doesn't drive too aggressively. We like them so much that we intend to get a second set when these eventually wear out, although that won't be for awhile.

In the winter during snow season, we use Hakkapeliitta R Sport, in the standard size 225/65R17, on the original stock wheels. We sometimes get heavy snow up this way, and generally use these from mid-December to March, then go back to the Kumhos which can handle light snow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need to replace tires on my 2010 CR-V. I am second owner with 60K on odometer. I live in the Dallas, TX area so heat, dry conditions with some rain (although lately it's been a deluge) and at least one annual ice storm. Combined highway/city driving. I want quiet ride and improved gas mileage.
Thanks to all for suggestions.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've been running Michelin Defenders for close to 2 years on my 2014 and IMO they are a huge improvement over the Duelers they replaced. Much quieter and slightly better gas mileage. Excellent wet weather performance.

·
Registered
198 Posts
We are on our second set of Michelin Defenders. First set was just past 85K and Sams had their $70 off on a set of four. I waited till there was two days left in the sale and got the second set. They are quiet, drive like they are on rails and were surprising in the light snow we drove in with them twice, 2-3 inches. On the dry roads or when it rains here in Florida there great. When I live in Kentucky or Ohio again I'll likely have AWD and more aggressive tires.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I had a set of Michelin Defenders on my last car. They were very quiet and smooth. They had about 40,000 miles on them when I traded cars and they looked like they weren't half worn out yet. I plan on getting them when my OEM tires wear out.

·
Registered
579 Posts
hondacrvnut,

Have you tried a search? There are many, many threads on this subject. Unfortunately there's no definite answer. Ask ten people, and you may get ten different answers. It's a very competitive industry. Generally, the big names get the most votes.
You got it. So far eight different tires have been recommended in this thread.

So who do you listen to? Any of them? There are more to choose from in other tire threads. :D

Nobody likes OEM tires. But rarely will you ever see a comment that "I bought brand XX, and don't like them and do not recommend them."

1 - 19 of 19 Posts