Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I've had my 2013 white EX for a year now and am still impressed.
I am deliberating whether to install or not the rear deck spoiler.
Will it really help keep the rear hatch window clean by swooshing the dirt away?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I doubt it does much to keep the dirt away as mine gets just as dirty as before I put the spoiler on. But in my opinion it looks really good with it on. I did it for looks, not for cleanliness :D

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I doubt it does much to keep the dirt away as mine gets just as dirty as before I put the spoiler on. But in my opinion it looks really good with it on. I did it for looks, not for cleanliness :D
Same here, and I have no regrets. Looks sooooooo much better than not! :cool:

·
Registered
577 Posts
If you only hear from folks who have installed spoilers, obviously you'll be encouraged to get one. 100% approval.

Personally, I don't like them. On Gen 4 for sure. (Little better on Gen 3). Looks like something added. Which it is. Not like some vehicles that have them as part of their initial design.

But, it's your vehicle. Your choice. Your money. As already mentioned looks only. No other benefit.

·
Banned
2,510 Posts
If you only hear from folks who have installed spoilers, obviously you'll be encouraged to get one. 100% approval.

Personally, I don't like them. On Gen 4 for sure. (Little better on Gen 3). Looks like something added. Which it is. Not like some vehicles that have them as part of their initial design.

But, it's your vehicle. Your choice. Your money. As already mentioned looks only. No other benefit.
If you noticed in the 100% approval, no one claimed that the spoiler was installed for anything more than it's appearance, which is objective.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Appreciate your observations.
Still have a doubt.
I noticed that the installation instruction sheet says nothing about reinstalling the washer nozzle tube. Do I actually lose the washer function?
If not, does it continue to work well (the water jet) with the relocation?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
You don't lose the washer nozzle. It now comes out the bottom of the spoiler on the left hand side if you're facing the spoiler. Somewhat hidden which I rather like. Works fine for me for the amount of times I've used it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.