Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
over a new showroom CRV - and I don't even know if it was a 19 or a 20 model (nor do I know its trim level). It didn't matter as I wasn't shopping for me (but it looked good)! I was there shopping to replace my wifes 15 Odyssey (with a new 2020 Elite Ody).

This lustful CRV was a highly optioned white one (with several aftermarket items). Highlights include huge oversized wheels matched with knobby tires and the trick external Honda stepping rails - plus a few other doo-dads. I suspect the road noise from these tires would eventually drive me to hate it, but other than the Ugly rear bugg-eyed lights it looked good; additionally the inside badly stunk of some strange new car (death) smell.

Closing its' doors was much more solid feeling than my lowly 16 SE. Externally - with this wheel/ tire upgrade it seemed much larger than mine, however when seated inside it didn't seem any larger. It did provide a significantly better (larger) center console bin, something I don't like about my current buggy plus a wierd (to me) push buttom tranny control. I never looked in to the rear seat nor the back bay. I'm thinking it was priced at $34K?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
over a new showroom CRV - and I don't even know if it was a 19 or a 20 model (nor do I know its trim level). It didn't matter as I wasn't shopping for me (but it looked good)! I was there shopping to replace my wifes 15 Odyssey (with a new 2020 Elite Ody).

This lustful CRV was a highly optioned white one (with several aftermarket items). Highlights include huge oversized wheels matched with knobby tires and the trick external Honda stepping rails - plus a few other doo-dads. I suspect the road noise from these tires would eventually drive me to hate it, but other than the Ugly rear bugg-eyed lights it looked good; additionally the inside badly stunk of some strange new car (death) smell.

Closing its' doors was much more solid feeling than my lowly 16 SE. Externally - with this wheel/ tire upgrade it seemed much larger than mine, however when seated inside it didn't seem any larger. It did provide a significantly better (larger) center console bin, something I don't like about my current buggy plus a wierd (to me) push buttom tranny control. I never looked in to the rear seat nor the back bay. I'm thinking it was priced at $34K?
It was not a 2020, as they haven't hit the dealers yet. Also, I'll bet the price was closer to $40k with all those add-ons. When I went to our local dealer a couple years ago, they had one decked out at $39k!

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"push button tranny control" makes me wonder what country you're from.
I think we've only seen pictures here in the U.S.

Lower Alabama, in retrospect it may have been the e-brake; regardless it was different than my 16 V.

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Before the Passport was released I was all hot and bothered for it, at that time I was in an older Sante Fe.
But once I eventually viewed it I found it too big for my limited grocery getter needs and I went back to looking at smaller buggies.

Then my Hyundai was stolen/ totalled and I had to get serious; this 16 CRV SE was the most economical thing I could quickly find before I got my settlement check. While I'd prefer many more amenities (and perhaps something a bit larger) it'll serve me well.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
My
Probably not a CR-V unless it was a hybrid. A Passport with knobby tires makes more sense.
My local occasionally pimps-out a CR-V with lots and lots of factory accessories (I've never seen them do knobby tires but this dealer doesn't sell many tires) and puts it on the showroom floor.

They sell quickly every time...

Not my type of vehicle - I prefer to de-badge.

I can totally see knobby tires...

·
Registered
24 Posts
"push button tranny control" makes me wonder what country you're from.
I think we've only seen pictures here in the U.S.

Lower Alabama, in retrospect it may have been the e-brake; regardless it was different than my 16 V.
Being from the “magic city “ maybe I can rub you and say lower AL IS a different country. Lol.

Got my ‘19 crv at freeway Honda couple weeks ago. No 20s around yet. They also had some new ones decked out with silly overpriced after market mods. I’m sure someone will eventually buy-you know the fools and their money saying...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts