Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, today is a great day! This morning I paid off our 2013 CRV EX a year and a half early and it only has 33,700 miles on it! Man, what a great feeling it was to pay it off. Here's to several years of motoring with a paid off vehicle!!!:D

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks y'all. I planning up putting the money in savings. I already have a TSP and I'll be getting my military retirement in another 9 years when I retire from the Coast Guard.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Congrats Coastie05! It is a great feeling and accomplishment. :)

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, I'm coming here to vent a bit. After paying off my vehicle I emailed my GAP refund paperwork to Edgar Williford at Spring Branch Honda in Houston since that's what the letter that was attached to my title said to do. The paperwork said it could take up to 8 weeks to get my refund. In the first month of waiting I called and left 7 voicemails, 1 email, and had Honda Financial call on my behalf to get Mr. Williford to call me back since I never received a response from him on whether or not he received my paperwork. Well, I never heard from him. I finally called the GM of the dealership and Mr. Williford was suddenly immediately available. He said I should receive my refund before the 8 week mark and to send him a copy of my DL just in case he needs it, so I did. Well last Wednesday I emailed him and asked him for an update. He responded right away saying "I will check the status Friday morning when I get back to the office". I replied saying thank you and that was that. Friday afternoon comes around and I didn't hear anything from him, so I emailed him. He never responded and today marks 8 weeks. I called Honda Financial and they did some digging. It turns out, Mr. Williford never even sent my paperwork to the GAP insurance company to close my account and get my refund. The Honda Financial representative faxed it to them right away and I will get my refund in 15 days. I then got on the phone with Honda America and filed a formal complaint against Mr. Williford and the dealership. Not only was he ducking me this entire time, but he also blatantly lied to me. I recommend anyone for the Houston area to avoid this dealership at all costs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts