Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a clean 2014 EX-l with 51k on it about 3 weeks ago with excellent service records. All oil changes and other required maintenance done at Honda dealerships. It has a tow hitch installed so i plan on doing a drain and fill of the ATF and changing the rear diff fluid as the last record of it being changed was at 28k.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. The guys on this site are awesome so don't hesitate to get opinions from them. Hope the '14 works out for you - sounds like a solid car. Craig

·
Registered
442 Posts
if the ATF is red / pinkish in colour I would say there is no need to change. If it looks more brownish then not a bad idea to change it. Also a single drain and fill does not get out all the fluid, you will have to do 3 drain and fills to get out all the old fluid. There are a no of posts on that here :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks everyone! this is my 10th Honda. the ATF fluid was nice and red. Wanted to do a drain and fill to see the condition of the fluid being it has a hitch on it. And the same for the rear diff. I normally do a drain and fill on my honda's every other oil change to keep fresh fluid in them. the OLM has 60%on it and will do another drain and fill when I change the oil.
joe

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I think you might be alright even if there is a hitch on there. I have a hitch on mine, but never use it for towing. It's strictly for my bike rack.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
if the ATF is red / pinkish in colour I would say there is no need to change. If it looks more brownish then not a bad idea to change it. Also a single drain and fill does not get out all the fluid, you will have to do 3 drain and fills to get out all the old fluid. There are a no of posts on that here :)
No, 3 drain and fills (with driving time in between to mix it up and help clean things slowly) makes it around 80% new atf.
If you want to do the Honda 'flush', then do it 4 times and you will get around 90% new.

Buffalo4

·
Registered
442 Posts
No, 3 drain and fills (with driving time in between to mix it up and help clean things slowly) makes it around 80% new atf.
If you want to do the Honda 'flush', then do it 4 times and you will get around 90% new.
Buffalo4
Thanks for clarifying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts