Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use a dry or damp microfiber cloth to wipe off the dashboard. Noticed today the flat portion in front of the front passenger side looks somewhat spotty. I immediately wiped it with a damp microfiber cloth. The hot sections got darker but overall remained spotty. My wife’s are not long enough to properly spread out a sun screen.

Need suggestions to solve this issue.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,804 Posts
Do you think the spotty look is an issue with dirt, or an uneven coating of protectant? If so, try a good vinyl cleaner; rinse, then re-apply. (I use Formula 409 on my interior vinyl)

OR an issue with a defect in the material of the dash itself? If you suspect this, I'd document your concerns with a dealer.

(Does your V stay outside in the hot Texas sun?)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you think the spotty look is an issue with dirt, or an uneven coating of protectant? If so, try a good vinyl cleaner; rinse, then re-apply. (I use Formula 409 on my interior vinyl)

OR an issue with a defect in the material of the dash itself? If you suspect this, I'd document your concerns with a dealer.

(Does your V stay outside in the hot Texas sun?)
During the day it is outside in the sun. I’m working on an idea she could physically handle. No protectant is used per Honda. Only a microfiber cloth. My maintenance manager recommended the cloth be damp. Do factory defect is suspected.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I now wonder if other CR-V’s have pure gray dashboards? My wife says I look for problems that really are not distracting.

Come on CR-V owners give me your opinions!

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,785 Posts
The hot sections got darker but overall remained spotty. My wife’s are not long enough to properly spread out a sun screen.

Need suggestions to solve this issue.
I don't suggest you change your wife's, (sorry couldn't resist) is it especially hot when you do this?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I meant “my wife is just barely 5 ft tale so her arms are not long”. ��. During the late spring, summer and early fall. Winter is sporadic. Coldest in January. I hope to find something to easily place over the dash when she parks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts