Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Did you read the customer reviews?
27 total reviews, and 6 of them were 1 or 2 stars, most complaining about being down to the wear bars at 30,000 miles or less.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
After owning a set of Toyo Extensa tires that were dangerously bad, I would never touch their products again. They road horrible (like concrete donuts), and I could break loose the front tires at half throttle in the rain (before I put the driveshaft back in). They also broke loose during cornering, and in the snow, forget it...absolutely terrible with no grip whatsoever. I put on some Kumho Solus TA11s and I could full-throttle them in the rain and not break loose, and I didn't feel as though I was living on the edge every time I took a wet corner. And the Kumhos got through snow just fine.

It's a joke that our local Belle Tire pawns these off as being equivalent to Michelins. ? At the time, money was really tight, the Toyos were cheap...so I really didn't have too many choices without getting into those offshore no-name brands.

I did have a set of Toyos back in the early 90s and had no issues, but things change.

·
Registered
2016 EX
53 Posts
If you want a year round tire for someplace that also gets snow, go with something like the Vredstien Quatrac5. Not an expensive tire either which is nice. I have dedicated snow tires, but I put some of these Quatrac tires on my girlfriends Corolla.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts