Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2015 CRV allwheel drive with leather and Nav. Got a scratch on the silver portion of the rear bumber. Any way to find out the color name so I can order touchup paint

·
Registered
453 Posts
When I had my Camry, I took it in for hail dent (paintless) removal at a body shop. I asked them if they could fix a small scratch at the same time. They told me to go to the Toyota dealership and buy some paint from them. When I bought it, it looked like the size of nail polish bottle if that makes sense as far as the size of it. The body shop made it sound like all car dealer repair shops sell this small bottle for recent models. Due to the size of the scratch, the body shop didn't want to make up a small batch to fix the scratch and I don't blame them.

·
Registered
252 Posts
When I bought it, it looked like the size of nail polish bottle if that makes sense as far as the size of it. The body shop made it sound like all car dealer repair shops sell this small bottle for recent models.
Our Honda dealer carries "double sided paint pens" that have the correct color on one side and clear coat on the other. Pretty clever and was only $10. Haven't needed it yet, but good to have on hand.

s-l300.jpg

·
Registered
453 Posts
Our Honda dealer carries "double sided paint pens" that have the correct color on one side and clear coat on the other. Pretty clever and was only $10. Haven't needed it yet, but good to have on hand.

View attachment 55681
Yes - exactly what I was referring to. Thanks to having the name and picture. It is handy - I should buy one also.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Evem better than that...

View attachment 55681

Just bought one for my '07 - REALLY slick! The four claw-like things are merely to hold it in the box and pull off the top. The white thing sticking up at the top is an abrasive tip for cleaning rust and feathering roughness with a sharp tip and flat abrasive area, it pulls off. Then there is a pen paint dispenser with a very sharp point, and unscrew that for a very small brush for the color paint. Then, yet even more, unscrew the bottom for clear-coat sealer and a foam applicator!

$10 is a bargain. Mine was $15!

·
Everything in Moderation
7,723 Posts
AFAIK, both bottles should be liquid.

It's possible it just needs a lot of shaking or mixing because it has been sitting on a shelf for a long time.

Shake vigorously for at least 60 seconds (it will make you tired, LOL). If at any point you feel something moving up & down as you shake, that means you have successfully freed a mixing spring inside. Shake for AT LEAST another 30 seconds after you feel that.

If no joy, the paint inside the Clear is dried up & you need a replacement. :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts