Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any advice on getting the paint to flow from ball point type tip of OEM touchup bottle..They state use lacquer thinner..other than that,any suggestions:confused: Thanks..!!

Thanks to Bill at HandA Honda...Everything working fine...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I gave up and used the brush, which worked fine for the very small scratch I had to cover. You can't tell it was ever there, pretty impressive color/coverage matching.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
poppies said:
I gave up and used the brush, which worked fine for the very small scratch I had to cover. You can't tell it was ever there, pretty impressive color/coverage matching.
Don't give up on the "ball tip applicator"...Bill at H and A Honda clued-me-in on removing the small orange/red cover under the top;this permits the ball tip to function...I overlooked this in the "instructions".

·
Registered
34 Posts
A Good Scratch Remover

QUIXX Scratch Remover,Car,Boat,Auto/Paint Repair Kit

This can be purchased on ebay and has worked well for me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Honda Dealer touch up paint

Why not just take your paint code to a Honda dealer and get a bottle of touch up paint? Or does another paint system work better on scratches?
Has anyone ever used Dr.ColorChip Custom Automotive Touch-Up Paint Kit?
How about the Billy Bush fix it pro or Quixx? I also have a dime sized spot that needs to be repainted. My color is Whistler Silver Metallic and I am wondering how to put clearcoat on over the fix or is it even necessary?
Any idea what a body shop would charge to do this? one chip and 5 light scratches.

Many thanks for any tips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts