Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Great news!

Sirius XM is in shambles... You can cancel your service, wait a month and you'll start getting offers at like 40% discount. I've done this twice now on two different cars. Highly recommend taking this approach.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I never pay much more then $6 a month. I pay for the full year. I call 2 weeks before renewal to cancel (I’m not bluffing) and tell them I can just use Pandora. They offer $5 a month if I pay upfront for a year.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’m sharing this on all posts about this in hopes of bringing attention to this issue and hopefully helping someone.

I suggest talking to a different service advisor until you get one who seems knowledgeable about this issue. If you can’t find one change dealerships. It took the third dealership and the second advisor there to finally get help. Do NOT stop until you get satisfaction. Remember the squeaky wheel gets the oil. I’ve been dealing with this on my 2017 touring model since it was 6 months old. I am now on my 3rd new head unit replacement. The first two for the screen/display going crazy. Blinking etc. this last time my screen would not dim at night only super bright. The first dealer I called said it was a software issue with no fix at this time. With my warranty getting close to being out I decided I was going to stay on this until it was fixed. I took it in last week to a different dealer. They called after a few hours and said it was fixed. I said what did they do, he said updated the back up camera and it’s fixed. NOT! I went to the dealership and got lucky my service advisor was out to lunch. I was ready to let my frustaration out on someone but the new advisor said let’s go ck it out. He said this needs to be fixed. (There is a service letter out about this issue on another thread here that talks about replacing the unit and Honda sending a software update but if that doesn’t work replacing the head unit.) (Screen display) I showed him, he read it and said let me take it to a different tech who knows about this problem. He came back and said can you leave it with us he wants to try updating the software. That didn’t work. He called me to say we’ve gotten approval to order a new one unit. It came in in one day. I justed picked up my CRV and for now it is fixed. 😊 I’m hoping this will be the last time. If not I’ll be trading it in once the warranty is up. He did tell me if it’s starts up again after the warranty ends that Honda would still work with me to get it fixed since it’s been an ongoing issue. We’ll see.

One last thing. I looked back at previous dealers invoice and guess what? The serial numbers do not match up on new and old units AND the new dealership says it shows it’s been replaced 3 times instead of 2... hmmmm. Definately a shady dealership. The previous number for the new one at the other dealership matches the one that the latest dealership changed out. I’m thinking about calling Honda and reporting this. Not sure it would do any good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the reply, that is pretty much what I expected that button to do but all it actually does is open the brightness slider, nothing else. Any ideas?
Had our 2016 CRV Touring in for Brake replacement and when it got dark the Center display was too bright. They turned off headlight switch to work on vehicle. I turned it back to auto and the display dimmed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This solution was hard to find, but I now understand what was meant by turning the brightness down by at least one stop or click. The members were referring to the insturment cluster adjustment, not the display adjustment. The insturment knob is very hard to see in the dark or even during daylight and I finally found it by running my hands all over the cluster, then bingo! I turned it down a little and now with the lights on in the dark, the display goes to night view! Thank you.

Kind of funny here, I own a 2018 Ridgeline RTLE and the display has always worked correctly in that it goes from day to night view automatically. I checked it and it worked just fine with the settings as they were in the CRV, making me believe I would at least have to call the dealer or go in. So for those of you who are having problems, the answer to the problem of the display not going automatically into night view is in the instrument cluster adjusting knob, not the display setting function in the dislpay.

121 - 124 of 124 Posts