Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
What is the gross loaded weight of said trailer? It shouldn't have too much trouble pulling one. I would want trailer brakes on it though.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Depends on the size/weight.

Keep it under 1500 lbs (this includes any extra gear inside your CRV) and no problem.

Trailer brakes aren't needed unless your towing in the mountains, then they are a good idea.

Would advise having an aftermarket transmission cooler installed however. Will keep from diminishing the life of the transmission due to getting hot

I've towed 1500lb squaredrop trailer plus stuff in my CRV and it was working on relatively flat ground. But it was only for 35 miles and I've been towing trailers since before I could have a driver's license. Take it slow and make sure the trailer is loaded correctly. Don't over weight the tongue or the cargo space of the CRV as it will compromise front traction. But trailer must be loaded properly for weight distribution (10-15% of total trailer weight is measured at the toungue of the trailer)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
My son has towed a teardrop camper behind his 1965 VW Bus with no issues. Balance the load and you should be okay as long as you drive accordingly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts