Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a request for some details of what was fitted by Honda when a towing hitch was fitted. This is the description and part number as fitted. Oil cooling kit, part #06255-5RL-305. This was mandatory when fitting the hitch to my CRV 2018 sensing AWD in New Zealand. We do have a lot of what American's call mountains and as we here know, hills! I don't know if this contributes to the necessity but then Australia don't have the hills we have and they are required to fit the kit there also. I hope this helps.
Cheers

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
that is helpful for you guys but in the states I'm not so sure.

does yours have a CVT transmission? a cooler for them seems to be a problem as they done seem to exist.

like most manufacturers it seems the US kind of gets the "crap" versions. manual transmissions are hard to come by in older versions, CVT transmissions which are crap for more than road trips/commuting and so on.

cant even Google that part number, variations of it for transmission coolers for the pilot and odyssey but that's about it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Wonder what flows thru that MDX cooler....engine coolant or tranny fluid? Does the MDX use a CVT?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I have had a request for some details of what was fitted by Honda when a towing hitch was fitted. This is the description and part number as fitted. Oil cooling kit, part #06255-5RL-305. This was mandatory when fitting the hitch to my CRV 2018 sensing AWD in New Zealand. We do have a lot of what American's call mountains and as we here know, hills! I don't know if this contributes to the necessity but then Australia don't have the hills we have and they are required to fit the kit there also. I hope this helps.
Cheers

I'm having trouble searching for that tranny cooler part # as well. Could you possibly post a link, maybe post pics of what is installed on your CR-V? Thanks for any/all the help you can offer us forgotten ones here in the USA.:thumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I have CVT maintained the way they are supposed to be they do the job they are designed for, what more do you expect from it. A hummer in Honda clothing!
Excuse me for asking but what do you think Honda designed the 5th gen for? Obviously not you.
Just because you can't find it doesn't mean it is not available! Not everything happens on Google, I have one, shipped from Japan and fitted. So you are quite wrong with your'e ill informed assertions. The cooler kit would be of no use to you anyway, you wouldn't have bought a "crap" version, would you now!
You don't happen to look into mirrors do you, just a hunch.

From what I have heard CVT will be all you can get shortly as stick shifts are due to be phased out, permanently for family inspired vehicles like the 5th gen CRV.

What really amuses me is the people that are full of complaints after buying a vehicle and yet the moron they look at in the mirror is to blame for their self imposed problems from buying something ill suited to themselves.
I have yet to see a vehicle change specs from when it was purchased, unless it has been customised, recalled or a VW diesel, sorry VW fans. Just like my buddy who constantly complains of lack of trunk space in a Mazda CX3. I had to ask him if he had taken to washing it, to cause it to shrink since he bought it! No more complaints since then.

Vehicles are a compromise for the masses. The art of sorting out the one that suits your requirements is up to you, not the manufacturer. If you don't like it don't buy it, I'm sure it will really upset Honda! They probably don't give a Rats Ass about your type of comment anyway. Neither useful, helpful or factual, just a mouthful of rubbish. Then again just may be manufacturers have taken notice of you and that is why you get the "crap" versions.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Yes I have CVT maintained the way they are supposed to be they do the job they are designed for, what more do you expect from it. A hummer in Honda clothing!
Excuse me for asking but what do you think Honda designed the 5th gen for? Obviously not you.
Just because you can't find it doesn't mean it is not available! Not everything happens on Google, I have one, shipped from Japan and fitted. So you are quite wrong with your'e ill informed assertions. The cooler kit would be of no use to you anyway, you wouldn't have bought a "crap" version, would you now!

From what I have heard CVT will be all you can get shortly as stick shifts are due to be phased out, permanently for family inspired vehicles like the 5th gen CRV.

What really amuses me is the people that are full of complaints after buying a vehicle and yet the moron they look at in the mirror is to blame for their self imposed problems from buying something ill suited to themselves.
I have yet to see a vehicle change specs from when it was purchased, unless it has been customised, recalled or a VW diesel, sorry VW fans. Just like my buddy who constantly complains of lack of trunk space in a Mazda CX3. I had to ask him if he had taken to washing it, to cause it to shrink since he bought it! No more complaints since then.

Vehicles are a compromise for the masses. The art of sorting out the one that suits your requirements is up to you, not the manufacturer. If you don't like it don't buy it, I'm sure it will really upset Honda! They probably don't give a Rats Ass about your type of comment anyway. Neither useful, helpful or factual, just a mouthful of rubbish. Then again just may be manufacturers have taken notice of you and that is why you get the "crap" versions.
hope that wasnt directed towards me because I dont even own that new of one. mine is a Gen 2. I wont own anything with a CVT as my personal vehicle (my wife may at some point).

I simply asked to draw attention to this thread for the guys here trying to sort out a cooler for theirs. If I could say "hey this guy on this thread found a solution for a CVT cooler" many here would be jumping for joy.

sorry if you completely misunderstood my post. The final point was that a lot of great versions of vehicles are never released in the US and thought maybe you had a different version. There are many different versions of each generation of CRV for instance, each only available in certain countries.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Hummm.....#8 and #2, Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde. :jawdrop:

·
Registered
397 Posts

I could not have said it better. :banana:

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
funny how -Edited by moderator- here seem to band together. I ask for clarification to help other users out because I dont have an answer and you all loose your minds.

you all may want read before you respond instead of looking like idiots. I am entitled to my thoughts on a CVT because I work in the industry for a living (and maybe you remember the world is bigger than New Zealand and Australia). I deal with all types of transmissions daily. I dont like CVTs. Not because of reliability (again showing you people dont read just get butt hurt instead) but because I prefer my gears and want something that's useful for more than clear pavement. Along with the fact their towing ability is a joke and wont last under towing/off pavement conditions.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Oh my, all the name calling......Mr. Hyde is back. You just can't figure out why us asshats and idiots band together after one of your posts, can you. I thought name calling was against Forum rules, no?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
well if you read above, I said nothing wrong or anything, was simply trying to get more info FOR YOU (and others, but even after all the crap I was still trying to get info for you) about the cooler so I could share it. Said nothing wrong and yet these 2 loose there minds over it.

I can see why so many that are actually knowledgeable and such have left. Can add me to that list, cant stand being on forums with adults that act like children anytime someone asks a question.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Love the arrogance of some people.
One in particular should take a long hard look in the mirror so he can recognise what a moron really is. I was curious and did a search on CARID there are 580 odd items listed as after market oil cooler bits. Says a lot about the moron that can't find anything! And he doesn't have a 2018, I'll bet he can't even find a moron when he is standing alone!

Besides that pesky little irritation that keeps farting. For those who do have a 2017/8 1.5 litre CRV the part number I listed I believe would likely be a Japanese originated part number. I'm told it is a universal Honda part number. I have been speaking with my dealer and found out it is fitted inside the left front inner guard, There is a new inner guard with the kit. In fact they have just fitted another one which he will hang on to the install sheet and I will pop in and grab it shortly. He was dismayed at the thought of using a heavy duty tow bar/ hitch without a cooler. I guess that means there will likely be the stuffed tranny happening for some.
Watch this space for any details I can procure for those seriously interested in information, not just palming off to the own tune!
Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have the installation document in my hand but the attachment side of this site is not co-operating at present. As soon as it does I will up load it for those interested. Mean time I can let you know what parts there are and that it does indeed fit into the left front inner guard, leading edge/front of the wheel arch.
1 CVTF cooler assembly
2 CVTF Hose A (pink and green paint mark)
3 CVTF Hose B (Yellow and white paint mark)
4 oil pipe clip
5 Bolt-Washer, 6x14mm
6 Caution Tag. This is the park that gets hung from the inside rear vision mirror and warn of keeping an eye on the temperature when towing. I know this one as I did find it there.

Now I have the papers it is the first time I have had any idea of what I paid. Yes I could have asked but I really didn't care, it had to be done and I don't go with after market stuff down here. There are some real cowboys in the tow bar/hitch field.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had some time to sort out uploading.
Here is the info sheets for tow bar/hitches and the oil cooling kit. For any who get concerned over the prices on the first sheet that is not the total price and are in NZ$!
These sheets are in the cooler kit ex Japan. I would hope and expect Honda US, or where ever you may be, are able to get and give details for your location.
Cheers folks

Tow bar1.jpg Tow bar 2.jpg Tow bar 3.jpg

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Appreciate the info/instructions/pics. #4 and #5 look different (to me) than what I see on the CVT in our USA CRV. I see the external tranny fluid lines (guessing they are metal lines) in the diagrams (#4 and #5) and wonder what they were attached to prior to the cooler install. The only external fluid lines I see on the USA CRV attach between to the tranny (via what I call a "hocky puck") and the motor. The fluid lines (USA) flow engine coolant, not tranny fluid. Over here, Honda calls the "hocky puck" a "fluid warmer"....a joke in my opinion. Again, thanks for the post.

·
Super Moderator
3,274 Posts
Message from a Moderator:

I'm beginning to wonder if Friday's are a day when its easy to get a little crazy. I get it that we often have bad days, but please please please, our ask for all is that we act in a civil manner to each other.

It is so easy with an angry emotion flying around our heads to let it out through our fingers onto the computer..... that we wouldn't share if we were hanging out around the BBQ talking face to face.

Lets enjoy our summer, and try to share the love.

Thanks

Rocky " with his happy smiley hat on"

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I have looked and looked and looked for the lines (metal, I think) on the CVT that rubber hoses A & B, in the diagram, would attach to.:Darn::confused2: Does anybody else (USA CVT) see them? Thinking USA got robbed.:Darn:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts