Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a long trip using my 2015 CRV AWD Touring to tow a trailer with two scooters loaded. I had to keep the Lane Keeping Assist System turned off to keep the vehicle safe. With LKAS on, when the trailer would hit a bump the CRV would continually over-correct causing the trailer to sway and making it difficult to get back under control. At 75 mph, it was downright dangerous. With LKAS off, the trailer pulled great and never swayed. It surprised me the driving experience would be vastly different with LKAS on.

We have a class III 2" Curt hitch, a Softride Quietride ball mount (tightens solid to the hitch so it won't rattle), and a Kendon motorcycle trailer. The trailer is new, properly balanced, doesn't have too much weight on the hitch, and I checked the tire pressure before we pulled out. We had a similar experience towing a small utility trailer.

Towing the Kendon.jpg

I checked the owner's manual. There are no warnings about using the LKAS while towing in either the LKAS section or the towing section.

Has anyone else had similar problems towing with the lane keeping assist on?

This would only affect the 2015-2016 Touring models as those are the only trim level with LKAS

·
Registered
182 Posts
How does the CRV tow? I am looking at getting a small trailer for my business vs replacing it with a truck. The trailer would be 600 lbs and cargo about 300-400. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kendon trailers use a torsion bar suspension. That's why you don't see leaf springs.

Our trailer and bikes weigh around 1,200 lbs total. The CRV handles it fine. We got 21-22 mpg while towing. The lane watch works great for knowing when you have sufficient room to move to the right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts