Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toyo Versado LX - What say you guys?

15K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  2RedV's 
#1 ·
They seem to be a very good tire; BMW and Lexus are now using it (or so I've heard). They have a 80k tread life warranty and are supposed to be remarkably quiet. My local STS shop cross sold me on a set of these instead of the Michelin Harmonies I originally went in for.

He said Toyo is so sure their Versado tire is better, that they are giving buyers 90 days to try the tire out. If you don't like it, come back and swap them for whatever you want (covering the difference if the next tire is more, obviously).

Anybody have anything good/bad to say about Toyo tires, or the Versado in particular?

#2 ·

Hi again,

The toyo looks good. I was not able to get any actual experience onformation since the tire is so new. Please l me know how you like them.

My only concern is that the tire being designed for akuxury car may not peform as expectd on your CRV. I have heard arguments for both sides
But as lonf as the tire size doesn't change (center of gravity effects) etc.

Thanks and good luck.
Bozoi

#3 ·
So far so good on these tires. I can tell they are quieter b/c I don't have my radio on as loud as I used to. So far handling has improved noticeably over the stock OEM Dunlops. STS dealer was highly confidant in this tire, so I figure w/ a 80k treadlife warranty I couldn't go wrong.

So far, very happy with them. I'm sure if I put them on a vehicle that actually had sound insulation (like my Sienna), I would probably be knocked over.

#5 ·
I couldn't find them on TireRack. Toyo tires are still only sold through authorized dealers.

http://www.toyo.com/docs/findadealer.asp

Give that a shot. Tires are like politics and religion; nobody is ever in complete agreement (and sometimes not even close). All I can say is, for me, they seem to be a fine tire.

I paid 121/tire including mounting, balancing, stems, disposal of old tire, and tax. My STS dealer matched the Tirerack price for Michelin Harmonies (including shipping).

#7 ·
Got TOYO Versado for my 2005 CRV. I found mild vibration sometimes at 70 - 75 MPH. But did a Road Hazard balancing and now it looks ok.

The road noise got reduced a lot, compared to my BF Goodrich traction T/A Spec tires.

But the reviews of the Toyo tires in many of the sites say that there is some wobble at high speeds.

Can we trust these tires or go for Good year Comforttread. I could find good revies on these tires in TIRERACK.

Can someone suggest please.

#8 ·
Got no replies or suggestions.

Decided to stick to Toyo versado tires. Everything seems ok with the tires except I could feel vibrations in the steering wheel after 60 MPH. Otherwise, the ride is smooth, quiet and comfortable.

I'm trying out different tire pressures to find out whether it is tire pressure problem. Right now I'm maintaining 30 in all the tires. Mine is a 2005 V LX.

My local dealer is very confident in the tires and insists me to stick to them. Even though i've the option to change the tires, i'm not going to do it as of now since I don't know what tire to go for.

Although Goodyear comforttred has got great reviews, my dealer says TOYO versado is better than Goodyears.

If someone has got any idea why this vibration is occuring at speeds above 60 MPH or got any suggestion for other tire brands, please let me know.

#13 ·
Thanks for your replies.

I don't know exactly what balancer was used for balancing. But anyhow I did a road hazard balancing again and now it seems ok.

The vibrations I felt before are only in the steering wheel. The dealer says it might probably be due to the new rubber on road??

But to conclude, I could hear very less road noise now, good steering response and comfortable ride with the new set of TOYOs.

Thanks a lot guys for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.