Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 CRV and have had a number of TPM false alarms. Dealer corrected by over inflating the tires but this worked only temporarily. Last time the fix worked until I replaced the OEM Bridgestone tires at 26,000+ miles ( that's another issue). Since then TPM keeps coming on even after I run the calibration program. Anyone else having similar problems?

Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
I have a 2017 CRV and have had a number of TPM false alarms. Dealer corrected by over inflating the tires but this worked only temporarily. Last time the fix worked until I replaced the OEM Bridgestone tires at 26,000+ miles ( that's another issue). Since then TPM keeps coming on even after I run the calibration program. Anyone else having similar problems?
2017 crv tpms is rotationalno sensors in the tires.

did you change one tire or them all?Anything damage the sensors or did dealer check each one?

The. Admin. Istrator.
Judging by the symptoms, looks like a/sensor(s) may well have been damaged.

Usually the TPMS is very good and trouble free, even after any rare calibration issues.

Registered
The PSI for Gen V CRV's is 33 psi in both front tires and 30 in each rear tire. Try airing them up or down per tire to those specs then run the TPMS calibration. I highly recommend getting a digital pressure gauge. Much more accurate. My 2018 Touring has a laser straight alignment and perfect 33/30 pressures. But your case sounds like possible TPMS damage. Remember to check the PSI when the car and tires are cold. Not right after driving.

Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
On newer Hondas, which use a passive TPMS (no actual TPMS sensors inside the tires), if this keeps happening, then there is either a mismatched tire (ie: like 3 new and one used, or a different brand of tire on one of the wheels) or there is a problem with the drive system to the wheels, OR possibly a HondaSensing false positive about something it sensed with the road. I guess it could also be a sensor that counts wheel rotations (which is how TPMS works in these newer Hondas) but I honestly have not heard of that happening on gen5 CRVs.

Note: I have had a false positive or two in the three years I have owned my 2017 CRV... and what triggered each time was LDW reacting to something funky with the shoulder side lines on a winding road, and shuddering the steering as it will do to alert you. In my case both false positives happened on the same road at the same location, and TPMS went off after LDW had settled down and stopped alerting. So.. I would not rule out road conditions completely as a cause.. since that can impact the rotation speed of one or more tires as well.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All tires were replaced with new Michelin tires of the same size as OEM tires. The TPM system on my CRV uses the new passive system. Ters have been inflated per spec.

Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
Just to make very sure, check all four tire for the same model, size, speed rating, and if they have similar DOT numbers. The DOT numbers should be identical except possibly the last fout digits which is the date code, the first two digits is the week and the last two digits the year manufactured. Look for anything different. Honda ran into a problem with indirect tpms alarms that took honda some time to figure out. Turns out that the same model tires they were installing came from two sources. Some from the US and others from France. The problem was that in one country the side walls used 2 ply and the other country use a single ply side wall. The rolling characteristics of the different tires were enough to trip the tpms alarm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.