Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to reset your pcm to recognize TPMS between your winter and summer tyres/rim sets when you change them over? Can you use an OBD tool or through veh diagnostics? The dealer probably charges $50 for this.

·
Registered
295 Posts
From what I read on this forum, only the dealer can reprogram your CRV for new sensors. CRV can only "handle" four sensors at the time. Some Tire shop may be equipped to make the change over. I've read also that some Tire shop sell and install clone sensors, by that I mean that they will mount your 4 add. tires with new sensors with same electronic serial number of your original sensors. You might want to try to search this forum and Google.
some info. here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldIMkNLWPKw

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
The tire dealer will use something like this http://www.jegs.com/i/Orange-Electronic/699/HOSWA306/10002/-1?parentProductId=1287061#moreDetails
Program the sensor, not the vehicle!

The Orange Programmable Sensor System enables users to bypass difficult auto-relearn procedures by programming the OE sensor’s identification number onto the new Orange sensor. Maintaining the same ID number, the vehicle’s computer recognizes the new sensor as if it were the OE sensor – avoiding the complicated relearn process.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you decided to do the changeover at home, ATEQ offers a tool called the QuickSet for this exact reason. Program two sets of sensors in the two and then you simply plug it into the OBDII connector, hit the summer (or winter) button and you are done.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am looking into a TPMS tool that allows me to do it myself, will pay for itself, especially if the tool is universal with other makes. My toyota also has TPMS sensors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.