Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 CRV TPMS light is on, went to a tire place and they checked all 4 tire sensors and they are ok. The tire place reset the system for me but the TPMS light is now back on. What may be the problem? TIA By the way it is the TPMS light is on not the low pressure icon with exclamation mark is on.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Only Honda dealer can fix this? tia
I bought Denso TPMS sensors from Rock Auto and had my tire place put them on when I got a new set of tires installed. Any reputable tire shop has the equipment to program the new sensor IDs into the CR-V's ECU. The battery life is ~10 years in the sensors, so our third-gen CR-Vs are all coming due for a change.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I went to another tire shop and they reset it for me, told me that it was not reset by previous tire ship. The light is off now, same story from this tire shop, their ODB tester did not detect any senosr that are dead. Anyway, if the TPMS light don't turn on, I'll wait till when the tires need rotation to replace all sensors. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Thanks, I went to another tire shop and they reset it for me, told me that it was not reset by previous tire ship.
Understandable--some shops might overlook it, and others may not do it correctly. Hopefully you will get a few more years of life out of your sensors.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Les Schwab told me it wasn't the tire sensors, but something with the system. I figured I'd ride it out until I needed new tires. Went to Discount Tire and they fixed it.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discount Tire is sometimes a little janky near us, but I'll tell ya what, the few times I've taken a tire in for them to patch a flat, they have never charged me for it. And I'm not even a customer. (Sometimes it's the closest location to me.) I did get my kiddo's tires for the Accord there, however--they ended up being much less expensive than Tire Rack or Simple Tire, and with the mounting, it was an easy, done deal. I simply ordered the tires I wanted, had them shipped into my nearest location, and they mounted up the tires while I waited.

I just got my Autel TPMS reader/programmer today. I'll have to find a place to post a write-up of it here when I use it to program my Denso sensors to my CR-V. (@Carbuff2 ?)

·
Everything in Moderation
7,731 Posts
@Wildcat
If programming the sensors is applicable across different generations post it in
Otherwise, here is fine.

You can send a PM if you think it's worthy of Pinning at the top of the section.:cool:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
@Wildcat
If programming the sensors is applicable across different generations post it in
Otherwise, here is fine.

You can send a PM if you think it's worthy of Pinning at the top of the section.:cool:
Thanks! It will probably apply to all Hondas of similar vintage, so the tire/whee/suspension area would be perfect. Newer TPMS systems may actually transmit more information to the vehicle, but the principle is similar. I've been reading through the manual, and need to charge this thing up before I give it a try. One bonus is that when you bring the reader inside to a computer and hook it up via USB, it retained all the sensor data, and you can display it as an HTML page in a browser so you can print it out (and if you're in the business, you can give the printout to the customer).

This is also good for those who have summer and winter wheel sets--you can reprogram your TPMS IDs into the ECU whenever you switch sets. (Although if you have the sensor IDs, there is a different, less expensive tool out there that only feeds the IDs to the vehicle's ECU.)

Between this and the BlueDriver I received yesterday, I have my hands full...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Understandable--some shops might overlook it, and others may not do it correctly. Hopefully you will get a few more years of life out of your sensors.
Actually, the first shop after they reset it, the flat tire with ! was flashing and then back to TMPS lights on (told me it was normal and should turn off after a while). The second shop, after they reset it, no lights.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Actually, the first shop after they reset it, the flat tire with ! was flashing and then back to TMPS lights on (told me it was normal and should turn off after a while). The second shop, after they reset it, no lights.
This is good. I just wrote my TPMS sensors to the ECU this afternoon. I panicked a little because the low pressure warning light was flashing, but then found out that you need to drive a short distance (half a block, in my case) and the flashing light would go off. With the right equipment, and someone with brains operating it, this isn't exactly rocket science. (If a dummy like me can do it, the garages should have no problem. 😉 )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts