Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the 2017 with 25k on it. Had the OEM 18" silly funhouse wheels with the 235 tires.
No codes or messages regarding tire pressure.
Drove it for 3,000 miles until I changed the wheels and tires.
I asked the mechanics to change the TPM sensors to the new wheels. They informed me that the old wheels did not have sensors. ?????

Had the new wheels and tires mounted, still no low tire pressure warnings for the next 3000 miles.
Now, after a snow storm, I have the low tire pressure warning.
Were the wheels supposed to have TPMS? If so, how was it not triggering a warning without the sensors?

Does anyone know what Honda OEM part number is if everyone has sensors?

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
Bought the 2017 with 25k on it. Had the OEM 18" silly funhouse wheels with the 235 tires.
I asked the mechanics to change the TPM sensors to the new wheels. They informed me that the old wheels did not have sensors. ?????

Had the new wheels and tires mounted, still no low tire pressure warnings for the next 3000 miles.
Were the wheels supposed to have TPMS? If so, how was it not triggering a warning without the sensors?

No sensors as stated above.
You can recalibrate via the headunit but if you upgraded the dealer has to change diameter settings via the ihds unit

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I haven't a clue how or if they check for low pressure?
There's allegedly some wizardry related to harmonic balance or something to detect Low Pressure all-around, but I wouldn't depend on it.

Speaking for myself, I have an aftermarket system based on valve caps with transmitters in them, and a small solar-powered dash receiver. Gives me the pressure and temperature of the tires continuously.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,579 Posts

FYI, if you have not downloaded the full manual on your vehicle, you can get it from this honda website

This is not the little user guide that came with the car. You will find information on the TPMS.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
No sensors as stated above.
You can recalibrate via the headunit but if you upgraded the dealer has to change diameter settings via the ihds unit
Aha! Thank you BoostedV! Now I know how they can check pressure other than merely differences between the 4. This makes the installed diameter a fixed parameter that must be correct. I also suspect that different brands of the same size will have different diameters? This also suggests the ABS sensors are a LOT better than I would have though?

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,204 Posts
Aha! Thank you BoostedV! Now I know how they can check pressure other than merely differences between the 4. This makes the installed diameter a fixed parameter that must be correct. I also suspect that different brands of the same size will have different diameters? This also suggests the ABS sensors are a LOT better than I would have though?
There were a LOT of false alerts the first year, and several TSB with updates. Apparently they have it worked out now. This was one of many reasons we traded our '14 CR-V. Road noise was a primary reason.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts