Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!
I have some wonderful news. We have all been under the spell that Honda dealerships are the only shops that can reprogram TMPS sensors. We have been told by them that no other tire shops or service centers can do this, therefore paying 35$ each time we wanted to change tires (up in Canada with winter tires) but....
Celebrate! I just stopped by Kal Tire and their TMPS tool now includes at least 2012 in the programming allowing it to learn and store new sensors in the PCM. I dropped by, and although they probably charge for this, the technician was curious so he did it for free for me! I didn't have to book the bloody car in to the dealership just to get the TPMS sensors re-set. For anyone who's confused I have two sets of tires and rims, both with TMPS sensors. One set is the factory 17" Aluminum rims with factory continentals, and the second is a silver steel set from the Honda Dealership with Michelin X-ice 2's on them for the 6 months that is winter here in the Canadian Prairies. CR-V's cannot memorize more than one set of TMPS sensors, therefore needing re-programming every time I change the wheels, Especially considering that the VSC relies on information from the TMPS to preform correctly (important in the icy winter).
SWEET!

·
Registered
101 Posts
So are you saying that your Honda's PCM is now storing all 8 sensors or will you have to return to Kal tire in the spring to have the car reprogrammed for your summer tyres? If you have to return, what will the fee be?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hello All!
I have some wonderful news. We have all been under the spell that Honda dealerships are the only shops that can reprogram TMPS sensors. We have been told by them that no other tire shops or service centers can do this, therefore paying 35$ each time we wanted to change tires (up in Canada with winter tires) but....!
Don't say WE. Maybe you have been under a spell. Some tire dealers and garages have been able to you this for several years. Unfortunately some of them charge more than a Honda dealer. Buyer beware.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So are you saying that your Honda's PCM is now storing all 8 sensors or will you have to return to Kal tire in the spring to have the car reprogrammed for your summer tyres? If you have to return, what will the fee be?
Sorry... to clarify, the PCM will only store 4 sensors at a time. Yes you have to return every spring/fall to have them re-programed. I don't know the charge, but I guess I was just excited that I had more than just the dealership to go to, to get it done. It's often very busy at my Honda dealer, and I would have to wait a week with the TMPS light staring at me before I could get in the dealer for what is a 10 minute job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.