Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i have a 2019 crv ex with about 400 miles on it and went for a 90 mile road trip. on my way there after 70 miles the low tire pressure warning went off. checked in on a gas station and my tires were reading 35-37 so i adjusted them to 33/30 as indicated on the door side. started calibrating but reached my destination. parked car went to sleep. this morning i went back to the gas station 2 miles away and adjusted my air again. they were reading 30-31. went off to drive about 30 miles and the warning came off again. stopped again and they read 32-34 on all tires..

googled it and the tires supposedly lose pressure in cold weather. its about 20ish degrees but mine seem to fluctuate and more on increase pressure rather than decrease.

drove for another 50 miles and seems fine now but is this normal? any similar experiences? 37 tire pressure isnt exactly “low” pressure so im kinda ?!?

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,782 Posts
Tires always lose pressure in cold weather, gain pressure in use and hot. So seasonal adjustments are necessary to maintain accurate pressures.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tires always lose pressure in cold weather, gain pressure in use and hot. So seasonal adjustments are necessary to maintain accurate pressures.
hello, in my case is the frequency normal though. i had to re-air 3x in a span of 24 hrs :(

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
If you test the pressure in the morning after your vehicle sits all night when it's cold, then the pressure will be lower.
When you test the pressure after driving for awhile the tires have had a chance to warm up, as will the air in them, and the pressure will be higher.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,789 Posts
Every new owner should look up the TPMS recalibration procedure on the latest cars (with indirect sensing). That might be all you need...you certainly will need to recalibrate after a tire rotation.

Different trim levels have different calibration menus.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,782 Posts
hello, in my case is the frequency normal though. i had to re-air 3x in a span of 24 hrs :(
Heck no that is not at all normal. But was it a one off or "daily" occurrence? I tend to dismiss one offs, but a frequently occurring issue, even temporary tells me to give it some attention.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heck no that is not at all normal. But was it a one off or "daily" occurrence? I tend to dismiss one offs, but a frequently occurring issue, even temporary tells me to give it some attention.
gonna have to drive it more to see, was just panicky happening on a single 90 mile roundtrip.. thnx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts