Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all my All Season tires have original factory TPMS sensors. I swap my tires to Winter tires every November, i do not have TPMS on my Winter tires rims. So i have to live with the TPMS light illuminated entire winter season (i do not mind it). whenever i want to swap from Winter to All-Season, i normally take it to my Honda dealership where they charge me $50 of swapping the tires from Winter to All-Season, and they say they also "reprogram TPMS".

This season i want to see if I can swap the tires myself from Winter to All-Season. I know i could simply swap the tires. But my question is if the TPMS will automatically recognize and reset itself after a while since the TPMS sensors will be on the All-Season tires? Or do i have to manually program it, reset it, to get the TPMS light disappear?

I have searched the entire web and seems like this 2009 CRV does not have the menu either from the instrument cluster or the radio menu to reset the TPMS. The online forums keep talking about buying a TPMS reset tool from ebay/amazon. but i am sure there must be another way/trick to reset TPMS light....

Again, i am swapping from my Winter tires (that DO NOT have TPMS sensors installed) to my All-Season tires (that DO have the TPMS sensors installed).

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
***UPDATE***

So i put my 4 all-season tires with the TPMS already installed on rims in the truck (while winter tires are still on) to take it to the dealership which is about 20 miles from my house. I drove on the freeway and all of a sudden i notice that the TPMS light just went away.

Right away I say that it is because I have the TPMS sensors in the all-season tires in the trunk so it is recognizing it. So i took the exit and instead of going to the dealership, came back to my house since i could just take the winter tires off myself and put the all-season back on. just as i reach close to home, the TPMS came back again....

so i am thinking that my 2009 CRV automatically figures out if there is a TPMS around or not. so tonight i will change my tires from winter to all-season (without manually resetting the TPMS light) and drive it for a while and see if the TPMS goes away.

i will come back to post my findings.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
***UPDATE***

so i replaced all 4 winter tires with all-season tires. I do not have a TPMS reset tool so i drove my vehicle to WalMart that is about 15 minutes drive from my place. on my way to the WalMart the TPMS light went away.

hope this helps others who are wondering the same thing. no need to spend $75 at the dealership. just drive the car for a few minutes and the TPMS light will go away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts