Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was inquiring about the price for new Michellin tires at Costco and I was told that OEM tpms valves stem have to be replace. The valves is solid stem. Could they mean the washer only?

·
Registered
423 Posts
No, you don't have to replace the TPMS sensors with new tires. There are people who swap summer and snow tires on the same rims every year and continue to use the same valves. Costco either is clueless or trying to extract money.

·
Registered
601 Posts
The rubber washer is supposed to be replaced since it gets deformed when tightened and could leak so at about a dollar each replacement saves problems later but they have been reused successfully.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you want to change the tires and the wheels one idea is the simply sell the originals as a unit. There is a market out there for them. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ummm, Lizzurd, please do not get snide with me. I had a similar situation getting Defenders on my vehicle and chose instead to swap out both tires and wheels. My point was instead of going to the trouble of disassembling the tire, stem, sensor, wheel, core... One idea is just sell the original wheel, tire set and buy new kit for a nominal cost. I believe the pressure sensor can be purchased and installed for about 150 dollars. Not a mental leap just say'in. There is a secondary market given the ridiculous markup for the OEM wheels at the dealer. But you knew that - right?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

1 - 8 of 8 Posts