Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have just bought a UK 1.6L CR-V Auto EX sensing with adaptations for hand controls due to a medically induced spinal problem. I went for this vehicle because the vehicle has the adaptive cruise control, lane keeping aids etc. Hand controls are manual and together with Honda's reputation for reliability were a big positive as is the ability to load a small mobility scooter in the boot with all my other clutter makes it its essentially top of the range. I can't qualify for Motability at present as I'm not immobile enough
Fully comp insurance, GAP cover and the maintenance package to boot.
Lovely car and 9 speed box super smooth but the other half despite not driving it is concerned whether we need a tracker fitted. Seems to me unnecessary. Firstly its got a Thatcham alarm, with the ultrasonic detection system and super locking available. Only concern is that its got Keyless entry and start stop button. Even with the fob in range the only doors that will open are the driver's door and hatch. and without it the steering wheel is locked if accessed without and I assume the alarm would cut in.

A tracker device and subscription seems quite expensive and with the built in security I have my doubts about getting one especially with the adaptations attached. Adaptations are hand controls and push pull accelerator/brakes. If anyone thinks a tracker is a good idea any recommendations. I'd be looking for one that's hard wirable.

I've also bought a Nextbase 512G Duo front/rear dash cam. Currently installed to the left of the rear view mirror and manages to avoid the front passenger's head, Does anyone have any idea which fuses in the driver and passenger fuse boxes are available at the correct amperage to install the fuse installation kit that can be obtained for this model? Currently plugs into the front dash power supply but would like it to be hard wirable.

Any views appreciated. Not currently very mobile so will have to pay for the installation of both by a dealer. We live in a quiet part of the country with low crime rates and in a cup de sac with no through traffic.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I certainly wouldn’t pay an expensive monthly service for tracking my Honda. I love it, but it ain’t no six figure Mercedes Benz or Bentley. Sure there is always the chance that your vehicle could get stolen, but there’s also a chance of me winning the Lottery and neither haven’t happen to me yet!

I do however love my dash cam, just in case something happens in front of me when driving. It was cheap and easy to install.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but happy to hear that Honda keeps you mobile! :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.