Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traction control
How do you tell if the traction control is on or off? There is no light on the dashboard on my car anyway. Couldn’t be there is a bulb End it is out

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L AWD
541 Posts
Trac control is always ON normally but it only engages when there is slippage detected. You will see a light (car with lines) when it engages. You can turn it off temporarely with the button on the left hand side and you will see the warning light that that show it is off. But it will reset itself at the next startup.
You can go to some dirt road or snow covered road and test it out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK so I can turn it off temporarily with that button on the left. But I guess the light only lights when it’s calling for traction control, because when I’m driving and I just turned it off for an experiment it does not light up.

·
Registered
491 Posts
OK so I can turn it off temporarily with that button on the left. But I guess the light only lights when it’s calling for traction control, because when I’m driving and I just turned it off for an experiment it does not light up.
Traction control is part of Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA). When VSA activates, a light (car with wavy lines) blinks on the dash.
When you turn off VSA, a separate indicator (car with wavy lines and the word OFF) lights up on the dash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts