Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2015 CRV EX, 2 wheel drive on New Years Eve. They made me a great deal on the new one (Last day of the year is a great time to get free stuff and great deals!) Got a 3 Year maintenance package tossed in (6 Oil changes), GAP insurance and a great discount to near dealer cost. So I traded my 2012 CRV EX that had 33K.

I will take delivery next week.

The new 2015 CRV offers a variety of features and enhancements that I like and believe I will enjoy; Power drivers seat with lumbar support, enhanced sportier suspension, better mileage, smart key, butt warmers, the shade of the dark tan interior is more of a mocha which I like, the passenger mirror camera, updated foglights, LED Daytime running lights etc. The 2015 Looks a little classier to me.

I am not sure the redesigned center console is better. The internal storage is smaller. I don't store much stuff anyway. The Less space, the less I will clutter it up. I do however think I will miss the flip down arm rests (on my 2012). They are higher than the center console arm rest in the 2015. Interesting center console choice. It just looks different. Can't say its better.

Question; I just put a set of Michelin Defender tires on my 2012 about 2k miles. They are rated for 90k Miles and I got the road hazard protection. Should I swap them onto the new CRV to replace the Conti Cross Contact LX? (Which I only got 30K on before changing them) That's my plan. the size is identical. 225/65/R17.

I hope I don't encounter the annoying vibrations that many others have reported. I will post updates. I am pretty excited about the new enhancements however and truly love the resale and reliability I've enjoyed in my 2012. Hoping for the best! ....and hope to get the better mileage Honda is reporting!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Congrads on the purchase.

while I'm not a big fan of paying more of Michelins, I think it would be wise to switch them since they are still like new and will definitely last longer than the Conti's.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrads on the purchase.

while I'm not a big fan of paying more of Michelins, I think it would be wise to switch them since they are still like new and will definitely last longer than the Conti's.
I actually got a friends/family discount on the Michelin's ...and also a $70 Rebate. so I paid about the same or less for the set than I would have for any other comparable tire. Since they are rated for 90K Miles (which I'll probably get 50K, I expect they will give me at least 20K miles more than the OEM Continental Cross Contact LX. This is based on my conservative driving on the same tires on my 2012 CRV. I got exactly 31K from the Conti's. Not terrible, but I want better.

Only question is whether the Continentals get better mileage or if they are quieter for road noise than the Michelin Defenders.

All that aside, I hope I LOVE the new 2015 CRV. Mainly concerned with the vibration issue I've read about.

Does anybody else think the new cloth on the 2015 is better, the same or worse than the cloth on the 2012?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I agree with Rickman, the Michelins would be the better tire.

Any thoughts on how you would get them swapped? Will the dealer do it as part of the purchase/trade deal, eight tires/wheels dismounts/remounts, and balancing will add a few $$ if they won't.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with Rickman, the Michelins would be the better tire.

Any thoughts on how you would get them swapped? Will the dealer do it as part of the purchase/trade deal, eight tires/wheels dismounts/remounts, and balancing will add a few $$ if they won't.
The dealer agreed to do the tire swap as part of the deal. I think it was that 'last day of the year' thing where they wanted to move / sell one more car. They were very accomodating. in fact, I have a high end after market stereo in my 2012 and they are making that swap through my local high end car stereo dealer for me too. I have a Pioneer NEX8000 Double DIN/NAVTouch Screen Head unit, a pair of JL audio amps under the seat, Focal component speakers up front and JL Audio Stealth sub.

So considering they are swapping my stereo from the my 2012 CRV to the 2015 ..and making the tire swap, that made my deal exceptional ...(and I got GAP insurance and 3 years of Oil change / maintenance tossed in!)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just bought a 2015 CRV EX, 2 wheel drive on New Years Eve. They made me a great deal on the new one (Last day of the year is a great time to get free stuff and great deals!) Got a 3 Year maintenance package tossed in (6 Oil changes), GAP insurance and a great discount to near dealer cost. So I traded my 2012 CRV EX that had 33K.

I will take delivery next week.

The new 2015 CRV offers a variety of features and enhancements that I like and believe I will enjoy; Power drivers seat with lumbar support, enhanced sportier suspension, better mileage, smart key, butt warmers, the shade of the dark tan interior is more of a mocha which I like, the passenger mirror camera, updated foglights, LED Daytime running lights etc. The 2015 Looks a little classier to me.

I am not sure the redesigned center console is better. The internal storage is smaller. I don't store much stuff anyway. The Less space, the less I will clutter it up. I do however think I will miss the flip down arm rests (on my 2012). They are higher than the center console arm rest in the 2015. Interesting center console choice. It just looks different. Can't say its better.

Question; I just put a set of Michelin Defender tires on my 2012 about 2k miles. They are rated for 90k Miles and I got the road hazard protection. Should I swap them onto the new CRV to replace the Conti Cross Contact LX? (Which I only got 30K on before changing them) That's my plan. the size is identical. 225/65/R17.

I hope I don't encounter the annoying vibrations that many others have reported. I will post updates. I am pretty excited about the new enhancements however and truly love the resale and reliability I've enjoyed in my 2012. Hoping for the best! ....and hope to get the better mileage Honda is reporting!
How much did you pay for your CRV after tax and dmv?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sounds like you got a really good deal. The 2015 has some nice features & addition that I would like to have but I'm not ready to trade cars yet.

Regarding the tire swap. Aren't the tires on the 2015's a bit larger than on the 2012? Not sure how that would affect ride/handling but it will affect the speedometer/odometer accuracy. (Edit: Just checked and the EX's are the same size, it's only the Touring model which has 18" rims. Just living up to my signature slogan :)

Are they going to remount them on the 2015's rims?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like you got a really good deal. The 2015 has some nice features & addition that I would like to have but I'm not ready to trade cars yet.

Regarding the tire swap. Aren't the tires on the 2015's a bit larger than on the 2012? Not sure how that would affect ride/handling but it will affect the speedometer/odometer accuracy. (Edit: Just checked and the EX's are the same size, it's only the Touring model which has 18" rims. Just living up to my signature slogan :)

Are they going to remount them on the 2015's rims?
Yes, they will mount my Michelin Defenders on the new 2015 rims. Just a tire swap, not a wheel and tire swap.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
The dealer agreed to do the tire swap as part of the deal. I think it was that 'last day of the year' thing where they wanted to move / sell one more car. They were very accomodating. in fact, I have a high end after market stereo in my 2012 and they are making that swap through my local high end car stereo dealer for me too. I have a Pioneer NEX8000 Double DIN/NAVTouch Screen Head unit, a pair of JL audio amps under the seat, Focal component speakers up front and JL Audio Stealth sub.

So considering they are swapping my stereo from the my 2012 CRV to the 2015 ..and making the tire swap, that made my deal exceptional ...(and I got GAP insurance and 3 years of Oil change / maintenance tossed in!)
Yes, they will mount my Michelin Defenders on the new 2015 rims. Just a tire swap, not a wheel and tire swap.
You don't have any reason not to swap.

Great deal and congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Random thinking here. I wish the EX had Xm capability, auto dimming mirror, leather wrapped steering wheel, and wondering if mybe I shouldn't have gotten an EX-L? I have not taken delivery yet and maybe could switch and upgrade to an ex-l for the cost difference.
Thinking the Honda leather might wear better over the long run versus cloth. Am I nuts? Not sure I can change the deal midstream however. So maybe a moot point.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Random thinking here. I wish the EX had Xm capability, auto dimming mirror, leather wrapped steering wheel, and wondering if mybe I shouldn't have gotten an EX-L? I have not taken delivery yet and maybe could switch and upgrade to an ex-l for the cost difference.
Thinking the Honda leather might wear better over the long run versus cloth. Am I nuts? Not sure I can change the deal midstream however. So maybe a moot point.
The seats in my '97 before I parted with it were in great shape after 17 years and 194,000 miles, so I am unworried about the quality of Honda cloth. Also note that the auto-dimming mirror is an optional accessory for the EX.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wish the EX had Xm capability, auto dimming mirror, leather wrapped steering wheel, and wondering if mybe I shouldn't have gotten an EX-L? I have not taken delivery yet and maybe could switch and upgrade to an ex-l for the cost difference.
sounds like a lot of things you wish you had! i certainly understand having been excited about and jumping on the 'good new years eve deal' but sometimes it causes too much compromise. i almost went with a color recently i didn't really want, but decided ultimately to wait. it was difficult 'delaying gratification'. :p

fwiw i am likely getting a touring and have no interest in any other trim level. yeah it's more money, but it's not like i get a new car very often and have to live with it for years, so i might as well spend and get what i want!!! in the long run the extra $ won't hurt much, and just motivate me to work a bit harder. :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sounds like a lot of things you wish you had! i certainly understand having been excited about and jumping on the 'good new years eve deal' but sometimes it causes too much compromise. i almost went with a color recently i didn't really want, but decided ultimately to wait. it was difficult 'delaying gratification'. :p

fwiw i am likely getting a touring and have no interest in any other trim level. yeah it's more money, but it's not like i get a new car very often and have to live with it for years, so i might as well spend and get what i want!!! in the long run the extra $ won't hurt much, and just motivate me to work a bit harder. :D
Yeah, in hindsight, I realized I would love leather wrapped steering wheel, XM on the Radio, Dimming mirror, the class that goes with the new uber nice leather, dual zone climate etc. Hmmm. I sent a text to my sales guy to find out if upgrading is a possibility. I've done all the paperwork, but have not taken possession of the new CRV since we needed to arrange for the stereo and tire swap. So we shall see.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts