Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 08 CRV since new for 20K and today gave up and traded for a 2010 Toyota RAV 4. My wife has had her RAV 07 since new and 23k on it and never had to take it back for anything but oil changes and reg scheduled maintence. Old 97 Corolla has 193 K and nothing other than front brake pads and everything still works on it. My first Honda new since 08 CRV has been in more times than i care to mention. Nothing huge other than rusted steel rims all 4 and Honda would honor 1 as it was a known issue they said. I paid for alloy rims and then 3 more trips to the dealer as they couldn't get the tps system to work. Rear windsield washer never worked and was missing to begin with. Clip broke in the back holding the plastic panel up. Now at 20k they rotated the tires and said they were wore out and Honda puts cheap tires on to begin with. Wifes Rav has Yokahama tires and has 23k and are fine. Just seems like every time i take it in there is some problem. Maybe it is just i am not a Honda guy or have had poor luck with them. In honesty the CRV rode more like a car and was good plus got the same exact mpg as the RAV at about 26 on the highway. Both did great in the Iowa snow. I just seem to have better luck with the Toyota so gave her the new one and i will driver her 07. You guys here have been great and appreciate all your help. Some will criticize me but i will be gone from this site so go ahead. Best to all the rest of you.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey Deano,
I feel sorry for anyone who has problems with new purchases of anything, vehicles with problems are a huge pain.........even Rolls Royces break down sometimes........Hope you have better luck with your new vehicle:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts