Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading through some of the posts here piqued my interest on trade-in value so I started looking into taxing my ‘18 AWD Touring for a ‘21 Hybrid Touring. After negotiating between two dealers they offered my $27,400 for trade-in and OTD price of $39,500 with below add-ons.

• Dark Accent Package B
  • Illumination Package A
  • All-Season Protection Package II

I think it’s a pretty good deal and with lower interest rate than I’m paying currently my payments are the same.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
11,813 Posts
Moved to SHOPPING & TEST DRIVING. :giggle:

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,095 Posts
Reading through some of the posts here piqued my interest on trade-in value so I started looking into taxing my ‘18 AWD Touring for a ‘21 Hybrid Touring. After negotiating between two dealers they offered my $27,400 for trade-in and OTD price of $39,500 with below add-ons.

• Dark Accent Package B
  • Illumination Package A
  • All-Season Protection Package II

I think it’s a pretty good deal and with lower interest rate than I’m paying currently my payments are the same.
I'm wondering where you are located. Your avatar doesn't seem to show a flag. You can add this info to you profile, it will help us when you post in the future.

Reactions: beww

·
Super Moderator
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
3,741 Posts
So much for "You lose 30% driving off the lot". :)
A lot depends on your location, as @JB in AZ mentioned, we don't even know if you are in the US, but I'm sure you'll let us know.
Lots of hybrid owners here, myself included. Been just over a year and I have absolutely no regrets.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So much for "You lose 30% driving off the lot". :)
A lot depends on your location, as @JB in AZ mentioned, we don't even know if you are in the US, but I'm sure you'll let us know.
Lots of hybrid owners here, myself included. Been just over a year and I have absolutely no regrets.
I’m in North Carolina. When I bought my 2018 I paid $37k out the door with a ton of add-ons so when they told me they’d give me $27,400 on trade-in (only have 18k miles) I said why not.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,040 Posts
Personally, in this market.. I think your 2018 is worth more than $27,400 because right now the demand for used vehicles is really pushing up prices. Normally though, that would be a great trade price.... so maybe check your local market comparables and see what similar 2018s are actually being listed for before you commit. Could be your particular market suggests 27,400 is a fair and competitive trade price for your CRV, but unless you check your market (dealers, private sellers, other brokers, etc) you don't know.

Now.. the question for you though is... do you need to make this move now? The reason I ask is because sometime summer or fall of next year the brand new generation 6 CRV hits the market, and the teasers from Honda suggest it will be a modern step up from the current generation (which frankly it should be. :) )

If it were me, this late into the gen5 CRV life cycle... I would wait for the gen6s to hit the dealer lots for sale next year.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Personally, in this market.. I think your 2018 is worth more than $27,400 because right now the demand for used vehicles is really pushing up prices. Normally though, that would be a great trade price.... so maybe check your local market comparables and see what similar 2018s are actually being listed for before you commit. Could be your particular market suggests 27,400 is a fair and competitive trade price for your CRV, but unless you check your market (dealers, private sellers, other brokers, etc) you don't know.

Now.. the question for you though is... do you need to make this move now? The reason I ask is because sometime summer or fall of next year the brand new generation 6 CRV hits the market, and the teasers from Honda suggest it will be a modern step up from the current generation (which frankly it should be. :) )

If it were me, this late into the gen5 CRV life cycle... I would wait for the gen6s to hit the dealer lots for sale next year.
Actually I did a lot of shop around, originally dealers were only offering $22k for trade in. I’m sure if I wanted to I could have listed my ‘18 for private party sale but that would involve more time and effort than I have to spare at the moment. Since my current CR-V has about ~18k miles on it and it needs an oil change & diff fluid change soon that’s just additional money I’d be out. I kind of like the fact that the new one will have a new warranty and since most of my driving is local the EV should cut down on my gas usage. The next gen will probably be nice but with current chip shortages and whatnot it would probably be less likely that I’d get as much of a deal as I am getting.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,204 Posts
for me, I prefer to have no vehicle pymt at all versus getting a new vehicle and have pymts when mine is just a couple yrs old. get tired of having to owe money when i don't need to. unless you already have a few million set aside for retirement. 🤑

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picked her up last night. Just learning the differences which I’m sure I’ll notice more over time. So far it seems like the ‘21 sits lower than the ‘18 as I can see more of the roof now plus it just feels lower. I thought this might partially be due to the fact I bought the dark package which comes with 19” wheels. I assumed they were using lower profile tires but the dealer said no.

I knew the trunk floor didn’t have the option to sit lower because of the HV battery but I hadn’t noticed that the trunks in ‘21 are using carpet on the sides vs the ‘18 which was all plastic. My interior led lights from ‘18 fit just fine in the ‘21 so far so that’s good.

The dark accent package I got has the smoked tails, gloss black front upper/lower grill and bottom side moldings. I think I might look into wrapping all of the exterior chrome just to make everything closer to blackout. I will say that I am glad that I got the illumination package, the faux carbon fiber trip is nicer than the faux wood trim I had on ‘18.

Couple of pics:

·
Premium Member
2021 CRV EX-L
485 Posts
Very nice! One thing I insist on is no dealer decals or badges. If you want to give me branded license plate frames that is fine as I can remove them. If you put a decal on you will lose a sale.

Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice! One thing I insist on is no dealer decals or badges. If you want to give me branded license plate frames that is fine as I can remove them. If you put a decal on you will lose a sale.

Enjoy your ride!
Oh yeah, the decals were removed before I took delivery (these pics were taken before I told them to remove them).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts