Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a UK spec 2016 CRV with this feature.

It is supposed to show speed signs on the right of the screen and other road signs on the left. It only shows speed signs on the right. the left is blank and there is no malfunction sign.

As it is a new car under warranty I need to take this back to the dealer to check it out. But has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Jed
It doesn't show all the road signs. I thought the same as you. It'll only show a handful of signs. I can't mind offhand what they are but " no entry" is one. There's a list on the Internet, I'll have a look for it later.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think there is something definitely wrong because it only shows the speed signs on the right side of the window. The other signs are supposed to appear on the left of the window and that is always blank. As it is a new car I will take it in to the garage but am waiting to check whether other faults appear.

BTW, I had thought this Traffic Sign Recognition system was a load of cr^pp posing as an "enhancement". But the speed restriction signs on the new SatNav are so often wrong that it is useful to have a 2nd opinion. I estimate the SatNav info is at least a year out of date.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's a 2016 I've got as well. The display on mine does pretty much the same. I've had it display a no entry sign once. I thought it was faulty too until I read more about it.

To be honest I find it was a bit of a misrepresentation along with the app store and mirrorlink. Sounds great when you read the honda info but in reality it's pretty much pointless.it doesn't work as advertised or in the case of the infotainment system it isn't supported

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I emailed Honda UK and asked them to let me have a list of road signs that were supposed to be shown so that I could test the system. They rather unhelpfully suggested I contact my dealer if I felt the system was not working.

I have since discovered something on the internet from Honda which indicates that the only signs shown on the left hand side are-

" “no passing” signs and speed limits with additional information, such as weather conditions, for example."

·
Registered
548 Posts
Is the Traffic Sign Recognition System on the 2017 Touring CRV for the States? Mine was built in Canada but displays the road signs, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts