Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I installed the Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch 75742 on my 2015 Honda CR-V Touring. Took about 1.5 hours to do. You have to cut a hole in the black bottom cover piece so that the receiver mount can get to the frame. Taking off and putting back on the rubber muffler hangers that hold the muffler up was a PITA but you have to do it to get access to the bolt holes. I added anti-seize to the bolt threads since a lot of water and rusting will likely occur with it being on the underside of the vehicle.

I bought the trailer hitch from Jet.com with a 17% off coupon code so it ended up costing $103 shipped. It runs $160.95 on etrailer.com.

I also bought the Pro Series 63153 Cargo Carrier and the CURT T-Connector 56158 trailer wiring harness. Installing the wiring harness will happen in the future though. I won't be towing a trailer anytime soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
That looks great. I was wondering if you could take a photo of your CR-V a bit farther back to see how it looks from a wider view. Thanks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Broseman, hopefully these pictures are what you are looking for.

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
That looks GREAT!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, you can barely tell its there. As you can see from the pictures, it is slightly flush with the bumper but the furthest part of the rear bumper actually sticks out further than the hitch receiver.

I also just purchased a Saris Freedom SuperClamp Bike Rack . Waiting for it to arrive.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you ever wire it up? I ordered a hitch and wiring harness kit from e-trailers. I plan to install it this coming weekend.
The wiring kit has me a bit concerned though. The videos they have, show the trailer connector being coiled up and stuffed in with the spare tire.

I traded into this from a 2005 CR-V that had the trailer light connector attached outside and secured to the receiver hitch. The only time I ever had issues with it like this is if I didn't tuck it properly after detaching the trailer.

The new receiver hitch has a spot for the connector to attach, and I got the adapter for it to secure to this spot. I'm wondering exactly where and how to route the wiring so it can attach here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts