Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced these themselves?
The outer bushings in front of the rear tire are beat out.
Honda here in Nova Scotia says that the trailing arm is not serviceable and the arm needs to be replaced. Very costly.

I don't believe this is correct as I have found some aftermarket bushings online.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to a good quality bushing and any tricks or tips you might care to share.

I used the search function and couldn't find much info on this model year.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
rockauto.com lists rear trailing arm bushings for the 06 CRV, made by Raybestos their Professional Grade Series. I've never replaced them in a CRV but have done a few different US domestic installs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered the bushings from Roca USA and put them in today without too much difficulty. I'm glad I did as the replacing the whole arm was too costly. It also seemed like a waste to toss a good trailing arm for a bushing.

I put new struts in as well today and have the trailing arms back on the CRV.
Tomorrow I will be replacing the knuckle bushings and putting it all back together.

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the knuckle bushings in and it all buttoned up. Looks good. Wheels are no longer cambered in.
Aligned it up as best as I could with a string line and measuring tape. Runs nice down the road but it will be going in to see an alignment machine in a day or two.

Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts