Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently replacing rear hubs and bearings. Got everything apart except I couldn't get the rear aligning cam bolt out of the bushing. It must be seized. I was going to cut it, but I can't find them online? Are they actually cam bolts? Or can I use a standard bolt? I took the nut off and it seemed round...it just had a offset washer. I also jacked the car up from the center rear...could the weight of the lifted truck have kept the bolt in there?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hmm, you don't mention what year but I'm guessing 02-06?

If so, the rear bolt is an adjustment bolt. I just changed out the bushings on an 05 Civic Si, it uses the same adjustment bolt, cam and nut.

Adjustment bolt: 52387-S7A-000
Cam: 52388-S7A-013
Nut: 90212-SA5-003

Put some Jack stands under the rear of the vehicle and use your jack to raise or lower the trailing arm until you can get the bolt out. There's a sweet spot, once you find it the bolt is easy to remove. Some penetrating spray helps too.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I just replaced the rear shocks on mine and had the same trouble getting the bolts out of the bushings on the shock. Everything was rusted solid. Had to cut them out with a sawzall and replace the bolt. Since that bushing is right across from where the shock mounts it may be in the same shape. Especially if you live in the salt belt. But, since that isn't attached to a pressurized shock, I would put a torch on the bolt and get it good and hot on both ends. Might be enough to break it loose if it is rusted up. When you put it back together give it a liberal coating of anti seize.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts