Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was driving her '02 CR-V a couple of days ago when she heard a pop and it started to pull to the left. She pulled over right away and found that the bolts that attach the end of the trailing arm to the chassis had both pulled out of the mounts. A friend that does welding and mechanical work looked at it today and said if we can get the pieces that weld onto the bottom of the car for the bolts to attach to it can probably be fixed.

Here's what it looks like

Seen from below

The "good" side with the part needed marked. There are 2 of these "bumps" (mounting points for the arms) on each side and from what I can tell they are all different. We would want the set of 4 so that we can rebuild the rusted areas on both sides with new material and replace these mounting points on both sides.

The question is: Are these parts available or should we be looking for a new car?

·
Registered
220 Posts
no that will have to be fabricated with a thick plate and drill and tap to size, and adjustable arms put on and alignment ,another question how are the mounts for the control arms to rear subframe the ones that are replaceable with adjustable I have seen those mounts rust off of the rear subframe ,I had to junk my 76 Firebird because similar problem north eastern Illinois roads in the winter are covered in salt ,looks like your probably in the upper midwest,these are the arms I am talking about https://www.amazon.com/Upper-Adjustable-Control-Right-Element/dp/B0747YDMN8

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I'm in Ontario but they salt the roads pretty good here too.

There are 2 problems with fabricating something for this: 1) it would cost a lot of time to make them and 2) it might be hard to get anyone to work on the car afterward if they think the chassis has been modified.

Apparently frame repairs must be no weaker of stronger than the original design in order to preserve crush zones, otherwise we would weld on some 1/4" plate and be done with it.

Anyone in Ontario looking for a parts car?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Sidecar Bob
Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums
Honda CR-V Owners Club forum, the best hang-out to discuss CVT, Hybrids, trim levels and all things CR-V
Full Forum Listing