Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have a 2017 Touring with 58k. I was driving down the interstate and started hearing a grinding noise, pulled off the road and smoke started coming out the engine hood and puddle of fluid under the engine. Got towed to the dealer and after diagnosis they said the transfer case failed (And the oil I saw was transmission fluid not engine oil) and indicated it was very rare issue but they had seen it. Anybody else experience this?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hadn’t noticed anything unusual until it happened. Literally driving down the interstate around 75mph and started hearing a grinding noise. I thought maybe it was a tire about to blow or something so got off the road quickly and smoke billowed up out of the hood (for sure smoke as the smell also got into the cabin a little bit). Dealer indicated it was covered under the 5/60 power train warranty. Until I get it back I won’t know exactly what they did.

·
Registered
2018 Honda CRV EXL with NAV
3 Posts
I have a 2018 CRV that has been leaking in the area of about a foot of the LF tire since the first service at the dealership which was within months of picking it up new. I now have 22k miles and the dealership has not fixed the leak. Initially they said it was an oil filter leak or they couldn't find the leak. The last time at the dealership they said it was a transfer case leak that would have to get worse before they can do anything. I am taking it back to the dealership for the 5th time soon to try to get it resolved. Anyone else having this issue?

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
I have a 2018 CRV that has been leaking in the area of about a foot of the LF tire since the first service at the dealership which was within months of picking it up new. I now have 22k miles and the dealership has not fixed the leak. Initially they said it was an oil filter leak or they couldn't find the leak. The last time at the dealership they said it was a transfer case leak that would have to get worse before they can do anything. I am taking it back to the dealership for the 5th time soon to try to get it resolved. Anyone else having this issue?
call honda corporate and open a case.

Go to another dealer and bring the records of the complaints from the first dealer with you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts