Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently got a CR-V 2013.
I found weird that the transmission don't have de D4 mode, only a D3 mode.
Somebody know if is possible to add a button to tell the transmission to not shift on the fifth gear?

Thanks

·
Registered
231 Posts
I haven't looked at gear ratios yet, but someone at Honda seems to think that if you feel strongly enough about gear hunting to want to take manual control, just locking out 5th probably isn't enough to get it done. Better to lock out both top gears.

It's not like the old days of mechanical linkages. That switch sets a bit in the TCU. What to change the outcome? How's your binary?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know how the programmation work, the electronic and the mechanic, but I don't have the circuit of the car and for sure I can't reprogram the code.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I wasn't meaning to sound sarcastic, but unfortunately the solution is buried so deeply these days that it's doubtful there's an easy workaround. If we had the full schematics along with some block diagram for the shift logic it might be possible to use a service/diagnostic override to force the transmission valve body to cooperate and put you in any gear you wanted. Not for the faint of heart....

·
Registered
15 Posts
We have a 2013 CRV-EX , also. I hate the fact you cannot force it to top out in either 3rd or 4th especially for towing around town, and for engine braking in the hills.... Pitiful feature ! Select 1,2 or D , thats it. More presumption in the factory as to the lack of capability (or faith?) of the drivers, I guess ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
We have a 2013 CRV-EX , also. I hate the fact you cannot force it to top out in either 3rd or 4th especially for towing around town, and for engine braking in the hills.... Pitiful feature ! Select 1,2 or D , thats it. More presumption in the factory as to the lack of capability (or faith?) of the drivers, I guess ?
Don't you also have the D3 button on the shifter ?????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts