Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if there is a transmission filter on the 2017 honda crv? All the videos I found are drain and fill only for the transmission fluid. If there is a transmission filter, where can I access it to change it out? Also do I need to change out the crush washer for the check bolt too or just the drain bolt?

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,185 Posts
Yes there is a filter located behind the warmer and is internal to the transmission. However Honda does not recommend replacing this filter for the normal life of the transmission. It would be replaced during a rebuild. But if you want to replace it be sure to also replace the three O rings.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Honda recommends replacing both the washers for the drain and check bolts. The drain bolt is 18mm and check bolt is 10mm aluminum washers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I went to the dealership to buy the transmission fluid and they sold it as a kit with the drain bolt washer. I asked them for the check bolt washer and they told me it's not part of the kit and they don't sell it. Any idea on where I can buy a crush washer for the check bolt?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
You can purchase the Honda p/n 90471-PW7-A00, kind of expensive at around $3 ea. Or purchase a pack of M10 x 14.5mm Banjo aluminum washers off the internet. But your best deal is to just buy an assortment pack of aluminum washers like this and have a life time supply of all the washers your Honda will ever need

1 - 6 of 6 Posts