Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 EX-L. My dealer tells me to change the transmission fluid every 30000 miles although others recommend 60000 miles. Honda and the company doesn't respond but refers me to the "Hondalink." Don't hey have a list any more?

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Isn’t tranny maintenance in the Maintenance Minder that displays on the instrument panel when it’s time/due?

·
Administrator
3,301 Posts
Transmission fluid changes are dictated like all maintenance by the MM.

Don't let the dealer dictate to you what's needed. Honda engineers know more that the dealer.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I have a 2019 EX-L. My dealer tells me to change the transmission fluid every 30000 miles although others recommend 60000 miles. Honda and the company doesn't respond but refers me to the "Hondalink." Don't hey have a list any more?
Does this dealer also recommend oil changes every 3000 miles too? I have heard reports of some Honda Dealers pulling this shenanigan as well.

Dealers recommending routine maintenance procedures that are not indicated by the Maintenance Minder.. should be reported directly to Honda Corporate. The modern Maintenance Minders in Hondas are very smart and can even account for "extreme conditions" that would call for earlier then normal maintenance.

Honda does not like dealers trying to fleece owners with unneeded service or maintenance, and if they see a pattern of reports from owners, they will get punative with the dealer. Unneeded maintenance makes owners feel Honda is not a reliable brand.. and Honda works very hard to make their vehicle brands reliable in the eyes of customers (even though Honda and it's vehicles are not perfect).

·
Registered
41 Posts
**There is a Maintenance Minder code for a transmission fluid change. I would go with MM unless you exceed the time limit as recommended by your user manual. My dealer also recommended a change at 30,000 miles, which I think is now like the old, Change the oil at 3,000 miles recommendation. I went with the MM and got about 10,000 miles more before changing the fluid. Several factors other than time are considered by MM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2016 with 36K miles and have yet for the MM to tell me to do anything besides rotate the tires. I clear the rotate tire code and it reappears almost immediately. I would prefer a list.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For Honda traditional automatic transmission, definitely you have to change transmission fluid every 30K miles. Honda automatic transmission is notorious to fail if you are ignore it. I don't know about CVT transmission, you may follow MM, or do it every 30K miles, or every two years for preventing premature failure. I'm sure you would not regret after 100K miles.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i went 40K, will do every 30K now,,very easy to change but the Honda fluid is pricey, but how many times do u do it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts