Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still looking for good advice if I should change my tranny fluid that was never changed...car has 132k miles...will a 3x drain and fill will do harm?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm on the same situation. I decided to change the ATF but the commercial ATF (Mobil, Texaco, Shell) doesn't match with the Honda ATF (Z1 or DW1) specs so I decided to spend some money and buy the original Honda (2 or 3 times more expensive than commercial brands)

If somebody has a good experience with commercial brands, suggestions will be appreciate

The gearbox need 3 qt of ATF Oil. The rear differential needs 1 qt CVT Oil (Be careful it's not the same ATF), but I don't know how to change it

·
Everything in Moderation
7,742 Posts
Both the ATF and Diff fluids are simple drain and fill operations. You might need a fluid pump to more easily pump the fluid 'uphill' from the quart bottles into the fill holes.

Don't scrimp on the fluids even if they ARE more expensive. Honda fluids have the specific friction characteristics needed for the internal clutches.

Also, don't forget to buy the crush washers needed to prevent leaks at the drain & fill bolts.

+++++++++++

Longislandcrv01

I'd go ahead and change the fluid if it's never been done. There are screens incorporated into the gaskets of the tranny, that can clog and cause issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts