Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to change the fluid to see if noise would quiet down in the automatic trans . Will this help ? . I am going to use Valvoline max life instead of Honda for now . Has anyone ever used this . There is a tube sticking up beside the dipstick with a rubber cap on top . Is this a fill tube ?

·
Registered
164 Posts
The fill hole is the same as the dipstick hole.

Don't forget you need to change the fluid at least 3 times (maybe one or two more if you're having a problem), driving around a little in between each change, to be in with a chance of swapping out all the fluid (and yes, I agree, it's the strangest design/method I've ever heard of too...).

p.s. I'd be very wary of using a non Honda fluid. The net is abound with theories about how sensitive the Honda gearbox is to different fluid.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,093 Posts
@elkhorn4x4 You don't say what kind of noise you are experiencing. Perhaps you should take your CRV to a mechanic to evaluate what the sound you are hearing is before a fluid change.

If you do decide to change your own trans. fluid, PLEASE use Honda fluid for the best chance that the fluid change will help resolve your issues. (it may not)

Reactions: elkhorn4x4

·
Registered
461 Posts
It does help if you could better describe the tranx noise or issues so those that knows more about can better diagnosis or point you where to look to figure if it is transx or solenoid issues. But if you haven't changed the Transx or Diff fluid this would also be a good time to do that to see if anything changes in driving noise and performance.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Noise is common do to a gasket causing lubrication issues. If you ever have it rebuilt get the updated gasket. I would use Honda fluid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts