Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello y'all, I hope everyone is ok. Here's what's happening:

A couple days ago I started my v in the morning, transmission made a whining sound like when power steering has no fluid, I checked the levels, all ok, so I let it be and hoped it would last a bit since I have no money. Today transmission left me stranded, is neutralized when it's warm enough and it doesn't engage reverse or drive, when it doesn't want to engage there are two types of fail pattern it makes: it won't engage anything or it will be trying and trying to engage since you can feel the kick. I can turn my vehicle off and after 3 minutes start again and drive for like a minute until it happens again. Whining kept present since it started. Only have P0780. If it was able to engage drive and you want to accelerate, you need to drive very slowly, as soon as you press the pedal more (maybe half the travel) it will neutralize and then smash the gear it was on when the pedal is released. The fluid didn't change any color and I can't see any type of metal shavings, maybe they are collected on the drain plug magnet, engine isn't overheating.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Hi! Moving to the Gen 2 forum for better response. A fluid drain and fill might solve this, or it could possibly be a torque converter issue. I'm sure others will be along with hints shortly. Good luck, and be sure to keep us up with how it is going.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi! Moving to the Gen 2 forum for better response. A fluid drain and fill might solve this, or it could possibly be a torque converter issue. I'm sure others will be along with hints shortly. Good luck, and be sure to keep us up with how it is going.
Thank you! Sorry I missed where to correctly put the discussion. Forgot to add, fluid is clean and recent.... I'll try to upload some videos later

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey I recently bought an 03 and have the same issue. Found a thread about the side cover being a possible culprit with several users having success after this repair.

I performed the repair last weekend, added new axles, motor mounts, and did a front end rebuild complete with struts/control arms/ball joints/rod ends and put it all back together.... and the noise is actually worse. Maybe it just sounds worse because I just spent all that time and still have the noise.

I would be reluctant to recommend the side cover without more insight on how to diagnose. I had placed a stethoscope up to the location of the bearing and it sure sounded like this was generally where the noise was coming from. Turns out that it was not the actual issue for me.

Does anyone here have a diagnostic recommendation on torque converter issues that could help OP and myself pin this noise down?

Thank you! Sorry I missed where to correctly put the discussion. Forgot to add, fluid is clean and recent.... I'll try to upload some videos later

1 - 4 of 4 Posts