Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2005, which had the code P078, Have checked the solenoids, changed the fluid etc. can't clear the problem, so am assuming the whole tranny might be bad. My question?
If I decide it is bad, and have to change it out, I would like to know approximately how long it will take to drop it out of the car. I am on Maui, and will have to chase the only one down on another island, and the yard is a " Pick and Pull", ,... so guess I will have to fly over there, rent a car and pull it, then drop it at the docks. I am a pretty good mechanic, but have no idea, of how long it will take, and how many tools I will have to tote with me. I really think the tranny is still good, but the shift problems won't go away, even after verifying the solenoids are good.

Thanks for any help?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
If I decide it is bad, and have to change it out, I would like to know approximately how long it will take to drop it out of the car.
There are too many variables to estimate it. If you're really handy with tools, and have all the right tools on hand, it goes a lot faster than someone trying to do it with just a basic metric socket set. If I had to do it, it would probably take me a couple of weeks just due to not having enough time to devote to it for an entire day or three. To be honest, it doesn't look all that complicated but depending on the model, sometimes the subframe needs to be dropped in order to get the transmission out through the bottom. I've looked into it since I was considering getting another transmission for the 2002 V6 Accord, but with all the rust I found on the subframe, it's not worth the work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts