Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help with a mystery. I have a 1998 Honda CRV in Thailand. I bought on ebay a shift solenoid and it's the wrong one. I looked up the part on three honda websites and all come up with the same number for an LX 4WD Automatic 28200-P4R-003 yet this is not the one on the transmission. After a lot of searching i found a list with pictures and the one i have is part number 28300-P24-J01.

Here's a picture of both.

Top one is off my car bottom is the replacement purchased (28200-P4R-003). Been searching online but for the life of me i cannot find why there is a difference. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

Everything in Moderation
Perhaps, a market difference. Or, the trans was previously replaced sometime in the past? It's conjecture.馃槕

The USA's online Honda parts sellers often have a VIN number lookup. Perhaps you need to specify the serial number when you order. MAYBE, the specific serial # of the trans (but, I don't know where that identifying data is stamped).

(Yeah, I know that vendors on eBay don't always ask for one...)

++++++++++++

i cannot find why there is a difference. Does anyone have any idea?
It is obvious that the transmission-side passageways are at different spots/orientation. Can't you find the 28300-P24-J01 anywhere? Perhaps for an Accord or Civic.

Registered
Need a little help with a mystery. I have a 1998 Honda CRV in Thailand. I bought on ebay a shift solenoid and it's the wrong one. I looked up the part on three honda websites and all come up with the same number for an LX 4WD Automatic 28200-P4R-003 yet this is not the one on the transmission. After a lot of searching i found a list with pictures and the one i have is part number 28300-P24-J01.

Here's a picture of both.

View attachment 137321

Top one is off my car bottom is the replacement purchased (28200-P4R-003). Been searching online but for the life of me i cannot find why there is a difference. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks!
A search on the number: 28300-P24-J01 - Genuine Honda Solenoid Assy., Lock-Up (Keihin)

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, i saw that page before too. So both of these part numbers fit the 1997-2001 Honda CRV 2.0 KL 4AT model. None of them mention 4wd which mine is so still not sure what the difference is. Surely they are different and are not interchangeable and there must be a reason why there are two different parts. The transmission and engine are original (I'm the 2nd owner).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts