Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought used 2007 CRV with 158k, it now has 199k, never touched the transmission unless when I get my oil changed they check the fluid. What’s required service for it? I once had a Buick, took to dealership & had transmission serviced, thought I was doing the right thing, within a week transmission was no longer working. I’m paranoid of transmission servicing bc of that.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Read your owner's manual and follow that. Be sure when you get the fluid changed it is done properly - in other words, use a shop you trust. It is fairly critical for Hondas.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,167 Posts
bought used 2007 CRV with 158k, it now has 199k, never touched the transmission unless when I get my oil changed they check the fluid. What’s required service for it?
Did you receive any maintenance documentation at all when you bought the car?

The Maintenance Minder should be giving you a code to have the Honda-brand ATF drained about every 30,000 miles. THIS IS NOT A FLUSH (as many shops or dealers ask you to do.) Back-flushing could/might cause issues, which is what you are worried about.

The Maintenance Minder should have alerted you to oil changes that are due in the 40,000 miles you have owned the V. If you are unfamiliar about how it works, or you don't know how to decipher the codes when the WRENCH indicator comes on, please download the FREE owners manual at the Honda OwnerLink

·
Registered
2008 Honda CR-V EX-L FWD
99 Posts
As Carbuff2 said, do not have the shop/dealer flush the HONDA transmission, ONLY drain and fill, also replace the inline filter under the radiator.
I live in California, so I typically replace ATF every 20k miles, for preventative measure. Here is what recommended from the owner manual.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If your fluid looks to be in descent shape, change it. If it's black and burnt from lack of maintenance, you are probably better off leaving it alone. New fluid in a neglected trans many times leads to trans failure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts