Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day V'ers!

I've been a member for a little while now, but haven't yet got into the forums to get learning and play my part! I purchased a 1997 Silver EX about a month ago and haven't looked back!

I've never really owned a vehicle that had any attention to detail put into it (mostly Hyundai POS cars) or anything that was half-reliable, so this V is a crazy step for me into the land of reliability.

I'm an outdoors enthusiast, which consists mostly of driving my vehicles through open forests and back-country crown land. I have read some threads here already suggesting that the V may not be the best option for heavy off-roading, however, in the last month, it's served me well for the purpose!

Last weekend I went toe-to-toe with a friend's 2004 Jeep Liberty and didn't have to back down on the trail once. It even seems that my '97 has as much or more ground clearance as the Liberty which I found pretty darn cool.

Anyhow, enough blabbering. I will get it figured out soon. I look forward to having this resource to start treating my V the way it should be treated!

Swift.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Welcome To The Club!

It is amazing, people are buying 11 year old V's because they are reliable! Well good luck with your "new" purchase and we will look forward to seeing photos of your V in the wilds.

Interesting comment on the Jeep Liberty. We had a new member last week telling us how much better the Jeeps are than the CR-V. OK. We are a CR-V club, but what the hell, we will concede that a Jeep is a better vehicle any day. Just don't ask us to spend our money on one. Would you buy an 11 year old Jeep for reliability?

Welcome and good luck with the V.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts